Photo booths

Pete Schweddy

IMO all of them. I hate to be a naysayer , but  in today's world with all the smartphones having cameras and email capability,  I cant possibly see how a photo booth could possibly make money

$2k???  I have 2 new Apple face place sapphire booths on the route.  Both about a year old.  I ordered a box of film (paper and ink ribbon) for under $400 just this week.  Both of mine do about $100 a week gross on a 70/30 split.  Both are in large college towns at a high traffic bar/restaurant.  Both are mixed between merchandiser games, vids, jukes, etc  Expensive to purchase at nearly $9k each new.  Both have held up well.  $5 vend price.

I also have a dc photo booth that uses the same printer.  $320 free shipping for the film (paper and ink ribbon).  It has the same print quality as those $9000 booths in my opinion.  The only thing this one doesn't do is online stuff and video and no credit card.  I paid about $50 at auction for it.  Unreal.  Fixed the pc for basically nothing (bad caps), put in a new lcd montitor for next to no $, and trouble free ever since.  It's in the shop now getting ready to go back out all the way to Charlotte, NC (about 3 hours away from me).  I wouldn't take it that far unless I knew it was going to be trouble free.  I ran it about 6 months here in town with zero issues.  $3 vend price on that one but I may change it to $5 since it's going to the "big city".

So basically, I see them as filler pieces if you can buy them at a good price and they won't take away from other games you may have in the same location.  The ONLY reason I bought 2 new ones is that it was for my best and biggest customer who hinted at wanting to try a couple.  This customer never asks for anything and the other games more than offset the booth's mediocre earnings.

The price the Apple rep quoted FrCorey is correct as there are 5 rolls per case.  Fortunately you can order 1 roll at a time as NoRefunds does.

I have had an Apple Sapphire for almost 3 years now and absolutely zero issues.

I have also heard good things about Team Play's booth.  I like the idea of having 2 printers in the machine so you can get full use of a roll of paper without the machine being down due to it being out of film and their vend price was relatively inexpensive at around $.29

Archived