Currenza bill validator and coin mech error

matthew0582

I have a AMS machine with a currenza coin mech and validator. I keep getting a sub level error on the changer saying not communcating with the vcs. Also making it say use correct change on the machine. I cleared the error and it came back. Cleared it again and is working fine now but i dont want it to happen again. This machine is only about a year old. What is the best answer?

Check for the machine's coin return lever putting pressure on the mech's coin return lever.  Also check for proper coin inventories in the tubes.  Try emptying the tubes and using the Tube Fill program to refill so the machine knows how much change is in the tubes.  If either issue returns then you could have a faulty coin mech which you should be able to replace under warranty if you're still within one year.

The VCS error is not related to the validator but to the coin mech communicating with the machine (vending controller).  You might also check for proper operation of the door switch as the mech is probably not supposed to communicate with the machine when the door is open.

My question is why would it only want correct change thou when it had plenty of change? The door switch does make sense thou. Just not sure why I have a changer error.

If the coin mech tells the board that it is low on change or unable to payout change for some reason, then the board will give an error.  It's possible that a sensor has gone bad in the coin mech and it's doing that OR it's possible that, for whatever reason (I am no expert on how machines think), the board has lost count of how much change is in the coin mech.  The EASIEST way to verify a problem with your coin mech is to swap it out with a known-good coin mech.  If your problem goes away with a new coin mech, then you can safely assume that the board didn't like the coin mech.  The way to confirm that your coin mech is a problem is to then put the "bad" coin mech into a machine that has no problems.  If the new machine also doesn't like the coin mech, then there is definitely something wrong with the mech.  Sometimes, machines just don't get along with certain coin mechs.

Ok last question. Isn't it weird to take the $10 bill in the first place? The lady said the machine said $9 credit but still nothing would vending.

. Yes, it is weird. The machine shouldn't have accepted the $10 if it had insufficient change.

The first thing I would do is change the setting on the AMS board  “Lev2 Coin Mech” from the factory default  N to Y. In most cases it seems to work better for me.

Next fill all the coin tubes to the top and make a vend using at least one of each type of coin.

Walta

Archived