honor box suppliers?

sbishop

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else having trouble getting in contact with sheridan systems? I have tried emailing them and calling them a few times the past 2 weeks and have yet to get a response. Does anyone know a better number to call to reach them?

Is anyone else having trouble getting in contact with sheridan systems? I have tried emailing them and calling them a few times the past 2 weeks and have yet to get a response. Does anyone know a better number to call to reach them?

Margaret was on vacation. She's back and she WILL get back to you

I've found a manufacturer to make a nicer acrylic box.  Closer to the ones sheridan used to offer - the slanted top box.  I have not seen a sample yet as I need to order at least 20 to get started.  A few people have expressed interest.  If you're interested send me a PM

These will be more expensive than Sheridan's.  But if I can order 100 at a time they will be comparable....about 15% more expensive.  But I know they will be of much better quality.  Therefore lasting a lot longer in the long run.

If you're interested in the trial run - even ordering 5-10 to see - let me know.

I've found a manufacturer to make a nicer acrylic box.  Closer to the ones sheridan used to offer - the slanted top box.  I have not seen a sample yet as I need to order at least 20 to get started.  A few people have expressed interest.  If you're interested send me a PM

These will be more expensive than Sheridan's.  But if I can order 100 at a time they will be comparable....about 15% more expensive.  But I know they will be of much better quality.  Therefore lasting a lot longer in the long run.

If you're interested in the trial run - even ordering 5-10 to see - let me know.

I might be interested in 5.  Do you have a pic?

Of all the boxes that I have ordered from Sheridan (around 500 boxes), I think I only had maybe 3 or 4 that were bad. I just don't like the new box design.

Sample being sent to me next week.  I'm placing a first order after I see it.   Teaming up with another member here to get the initial minimum of 20.  At that small of a quantity they are about $40 each shipped.  Obviously that's too expensive.  But ordering 100 at a time they quoted $30 each.  Still more than Sheridan but hopefully they turn out much closer to the old, more reliable design.

I'll update.

• 4 weeks later...

The sample is in hand.  Check out this video showing it. 

It is awesome.  It feels like it's indestructable.  If you want a box that will last this is the one.  Definitely more expensive but in my mind it's worth it.  So, I'm getting 10 to start and another member is getting 10.  If you want to join in and I can get 60 more boxes sold on this initial order we can get the cost down.  Under 100 it's about $40 each shipped.  At 100 it's about $30 shipped.

PM me if you want them.  Let's say minimum 10.   They will be all keyed alike.   

You can see in the video that it is more or less one piece on the main body.  There are no joined seams that will fall apart when you pick it up.  Plus look at the hinges.  Those suckers are twice as wide as the others I have.  

I'm not making money on this venture.  I just wanted to find a better built box because the current "boxy" model offered is just too flimsy for my tastes.   I'm going to order very soon.  Let me know ASAP.

Not really.  But there's no point in revealing really.  I went to them with the specs and they made a sample.  So, they don't really direct sell these.  It's cheaper the more you order.  They quoted 20 and then 100.  So, unless we get to 100 there's no break.  Sure we could all call them and order 20 each but that doesn't accomplish anything.

I'm just trying to round up enough to pool it together.  

The sample is in hand.  Check out this video showing it. 

It is awesome.  It feels like it's indestructable.  If you want a box that will last this is the one.  Definitely more expensive but in my mind it's worth it.  So, I'm getting 10 to start and another member is getting 10.  If you want to join in and I can get 60 more boxes sold on this initial order we can get the cost down.  Under 100 it's about $40 each shipped.  At 100 it's about $30 shipped.

PM me if you want them.  Let's say minimum 10.   They will be all keyed alike.   

You can see in the video that it is more or less one piece on the main body.  There are no joined seams that will fall apart when you pick it up.  Plus look at the hinges.  Those suckers are twice as wide as the others I have.  

I'm not making money on this venture.  I just wanted to find a better built box because the current "boxy" model offered is just too flimsy for my tastes.   I'm going to order very soon.  Let me know ASAP.

Just curious, are you paying shipping to you?? If so, you can find a plastics manufacturer in your area through Manta or something like that. I have one here in town that would make them and the material is only 2.00 per square foot. No, I'm not going to have them made. I don't have the time or want to compete with Sheridan, but if your going to go through the trouble, I would look in your area if you haven't already.

Just curious, are you paying shipping to you?? If so, you can find a plastics manufacturer in your area through Manta or something like that. I have one here in town that would make them and the material is only 2.00 per square foot. No, I'm not going to have them made. I don't have the time or want to compete with Sheridan, but if your going to go through the trouble, I would look in your area if you haven't already.

Speaking of Sheridan Systems, has anyone placed an order lately?  I tried calling today and there was a strange message saying the call was being forwarded and then an undiscernable name.

Hmm, didn't know about Manta.  Just searched and there's four that popped up.  Yeah I bet someone would be able to do it here.  Thanks

See verdigirl post for another reason why I want to bother with this.

Hmm, didn't know about Manta.  Just searched and there's four that popped up.  Yeah I bet someone would be able to do it here.  Thanks

See verdigirl post for another reason why I want to bother with this.

I get it, as you grow though, the less you will want to mess with other stuff like this. Or you'll find out that maybe you like doing that more. I run the locating to drive more money to my vending, but I also enjoy helping others build their routes and success stories. So it can go either way.

As far as her post, company's do that all the time. If I'm out of the office, someone else may answer. The only difference is, I would use a forwarding call that didn't announce that it was someone else. Your dealing with company's, not small single person operations.

I'm not say Sheridan is a big company, but the idea that she has someone taking the calls shows that she's professional. If you call AA Global you may get your sales rep or 10 others. 

I think too many people (not necessarily this situation) are to quick to point out flaws in a company.  Sheridan has given me no reason to compete with them and has always taken care of things. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't follow through with what your doing, you may come in to a whole new idea for yourself to provide new income.

The reason they are successful is due to the full package. The charity program alone is huge. You may even come up with a way to become a supplier! Just don't forward your calls or take a day off or someone may do the same thing you are :rolleyes:  

Competition is what has driven America! That's how prices come down!

I'm starting to look around locally hopeful to find a source that can produce a better quality box for $25 or less and without a middleman to have to order through for a 200 box order.

Sheridan has given me no reason to compete with them and has always taken care of things. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't follow through with what your doing, you may come in to a whole new idea for yourself to provide new income.

I agree. As stated above, Sheridan and Cameron packaging make good products.

I personally wouldn't spend $20 or $30 for a plastic honor box given my experience with Sheridan/Cameron cardboard products.

The cardboard boxes I own from both companies have been on my route for a couple years and not one shows signs it will need replacing soon.

They are holding up well against wear-n-tear.

Theft or vandalism aside, the cardboard boxes are going to last at least a few years each.

At that rate, each plastic box would have to last me 50-yrs just to make it worth the $20-$30 price.

And, I'd just be breaking even on equipment cost at that point because ONE plastic box costs the same as TEN cardboard ones.

But, more power to anyone making the plastic boxes work for them.

To each his own. And anyone being creative and/or sharing sources around here is a GREAT thing.

there is a guy in my area making a wood box out of scrap wood it looks like and putting acrylic on it also and has big sticker "feed my starving children" on it  ... I toss them in garbage if they are on my vending machines the same as i toss big stacks of peddler newspapers, "win a vacation" boxes etc.. yeah if its on the counter i dont mess with it, just if its on my machines.

and i wouldn't care if it was a nice $30 acrylic box with padlock etc. it would go in same place..I'm no thief but to me its garbage somebody put on my machines and I'm helping clean up my locations.

I'm sure most vendors do the same, at least when we are all one to one sitting around talking, not trying to be politically correct in a vending forum. 

So just know this when you are thinking about paying a lot for a honor box.  Sure if its a established location  you've had for years then you might want to upgrade, but if your building a route i would put out the cheapest box possible if it was me.

Yeah what in the world was that comment.  These mint boxes aren't just thrown into a location hoping no one notices.  We ask the owner if they can be placed on the counter.....restaurants, etc.  High traffic areas.  They don't have anything to do with the vending machine in the area.  99% of my box locations do not have a vending machine.  LOL

My comment was just saying if it was me the cheaper the box the better. Just from my experience seeing boxes come and go over the years I wouldn't see the box as anything other than disposable .

Archived