Could Coke/Pepsi bottlers give the Vendo GGFV a chance?

PinkJazzX

Vendo now has a new glassfront vendor out known as the GGFV. I have yet to see one in person, however, looking at the specs, the design appears to be totally different from the Vue, which has been poorly received by most Coke and Pepsi bottlers due to the many issues with them (here in Arizona you don't see many Vendo Vues anymore).

The shelves have been totally redesigned, and the product catcher is now a simpler cup-like design similar to that of the Dixie-Narco BevMax 4, rather than the more complicated claw mechanism that the Vue used.

I wonder, could Coke or Pepsi bottlers give the Vendo GGFV a chance? The Vue has largely been a fiasco for most bottlers of both, however, Pepsi bottlers in western states still buy most of their conventional stack machines from Vendo rather than D-N despite the dissatisfaction with the Vue. Because of this, I find Pepsi bottlers more likely to try them out than Coke.

What does anyone here think?

Who knows?  There is no sense in worrying or hoping about what machines the bottlers will be using.  You won't be likely to get any of the latest designs as a third party vendor until the machines have been out for a couple of years and if your business is dependent on bottler-supplied machines then you aren't planning for the long term very well.

Who knows?  There is no sense in worrying or hoping about what machines the bottlers will be using.  You won't be likely to get any of the latest designs as a third party vendor until the machines have been out for a couple of years and if your business is dependent on bottler-supplied machines then you aren't planning for the long term very well.

I totally agree with you on this.  I know there are regions out there where Pepsi or Coke willingly hand out leased vending machines as if they cost the bottlers nothing.... but all it takes is one fell swoop of the corporate pen to turn your business upside down if you heavily depend on 3rd party equipment.  I don't have to worry about that.  If 7up decided to pick up their 6 machines that I currently have, I would kindly ask for 30 days while I look for machines to replace them with but I wouldn't be hurting bad at all.

SEATTLE (AP) — A King County man has been arrested on charges of felony arson and possession on a destructive device after firebombing a vending machine.

The incident happened at around 2PM when a vending machine repairman working for a large vending company threw a Molotov cocktail at the vending machine he was working on.

Witnesses state that the repairman was cursing excessively before the incident and seemed to be in a bad mood. He then left the area and came back with what witnesses stated to be a light liquid smiling strongly of diesel in a glass bottle, with a piece of paper towel attached to it. He then threw the bottle after lighting it.

Fire fighters contained the resulting blaze at around 230 this afternoon. No one was injured, with damage estimated to be 100,000 dollars.

The man was identified as Feral Vending Mechanic, 41. The machine was identified by a company spokesperson as a brand new Vendo GGFV.

;D ;D ;D

I am quite certain that Canteen will be buying plenty of these. I'll give you a report when I get a hands on with one.

Where I am and most places I am familiar with Kansas, Oklahoma, and Nebraska Canteen don't buy any Stack, Fountain, or Glass Front vendors. They are provided by the bottlers for free. Right now the Bev 4 is the best and anything else has some big shoes to fill.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but for the first time today I have encountered a Vendo GGFV at a newly-opened WinCo Foods in Chandler. It is a Pepsi-owned Aquafina-branded machine.

Apparently, this machine had an elevator failure; the elevator was jammed and crooked. It looks like the local Pepsi bottler may be dealing with another lemon as the Vue was a disaster for them. I presume they may be giving these machines a try since I think they get preferential pricing from Vendo since they are the main supplier of most of their conventional stack machines.

Interestingly, this machine had a conventional T-handle lock instead of the electronic locks typical to most newer Pepsi machines (all HVVs, Vendo Vues, and D-N BevMax 2/3/4s). I wonder if Pepsi is moving away from the electronic locks.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but for the first time today I have encountered a Vendo GGFV at a newly-opened WinCo Foods in Chandler. It is a Pepsi-owned Aquafina-branded machine.

Apparently, this machine had an elevator failure; the elevator was jammed and crooked. It looks like the local Pepsi bottler may be dealing with another lemon as the Vue was a disaster for them. I presume they may be giving these machines a try since I think they get preferential pricing from Vendo since they are the main supplier of most of their conventional stack machines.

Interestingly, this machine had a conventional T-handle lock instead of the electronic locks typical to most newer Pepsi machines (all HVVs, Vendo Vues, and D-N BevMax 2/3/4s). I wonder if Pepsi is moving away from the electronic locks.

Sounds like Voodoo II

Sounds like Voodoo II

Yep, if these machines turn out to be another disaster like the Vue I expect they will go back to the D-N BevMax 4.

I wonder if the local Coke bottler will also give them a try, however, they don't seem to buy much from Vendo much around here; almost all of their stack machines are from Royal while they have only bought a few Vendo Vues in the past in addition to the Royal Vision and most recently the D-N BevMax 4. When I started this thread I did state that Pepsi was more likely than Coke to try out the GGFV, and it looks like that is happening as expected.

Now, I wonder if Pepsi is really moving away from the electronic locks, since the GGFV that I saw had a conventional T-handle lock.

I'm pretty sure Pepsi is kicking Tri-Teq to the curb. I haven't seen a brand new machine from them with a Tri-Teq in a few years. ( At least, here in the PacNW, and down in San Diego, too. ) We're still getting a few older refurbished machines with them, but nothing new. 

Also, I'm sure the BevMax 5800-6 will be showing up soon from bottlers. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure Pepsi is kicking Tri-Teq to the curb. I haven't seen a brand new machine from them with a Tri-Teq in a few years. ( At least, here in the PacNW, and down in San Diego, too. ) We're still getting a few older refurbished machines with them, but nothing new. 

Also, I'm sure the BevMax 5800-6 will be showing up soon from bottlers.

So, do new HVVs no longer have the TriTeq locks? The HVVs (initially available from Vendo and Dixie-Narco, with Royal releasing their version a few years later) were the first machines to have them, followed by the Vendo Vue and D-N BevMax 2/3/4; not sure if Pepsi Royal Visions have them (I have seen one Pepsi Royal Vision in Las Vegas, but I can't remember if it had an external T-handle lock or not).

The BevMax Media machines have been out for a few years now, but I have yet to see one in person.

I saw this at school yesterday, it doesn't look good for the new Vendo.

As stated earlier, I presume the reason for some Pepsi bottlers trying out these machines despite minimal problems with the D-N BevMax 4 is due to pricing, since most Pepsi bottlers in western states buy most of their conventional stack machines from Vendo, which means that Vendo probably gives preferential pricing to these western bottlers, thus they probably got better pricing on the Vendo GGFV than on the D-N BevMax 4.

• 1 month later...

Note that last week I think I saw some brand new Pepsi-owned D-N BevMax 4s at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. I think these machines were brand new since they were in the same new light blue Aquafina livery as the GGFV I saw at WinCo Foods. They could potentially be refurbished machines, however, if they are brand new I wonder if they are older or newer than the GGFV that I saw at WinCo Foods. If they are newer, perhaps the local Pepsi bottler could already be kicking the Vendo GGFV to the curb as they did previously with the Vue.

Note that last week I think I saw some brand new Pepsi-owned D-N BevMax 4s at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. I think these machines were brand new since they were in the same new light blue Aquafina livery as the GGFV I saw at WinCo Foods. They could potentially be refurbished machines, however, if they are brand new I wonder if they are older or newer than the GGFV that I saw at WinCo Foods. If they are newer, perhaps the local Pepsi bottler could already be kicking the Vendo GGFV to the curb as they did previously with the Vue.

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:  i'm lost!

sky harbor is done by ace vending, they use mostly leased equipment there. They usually pair one pepsi bevmax and one coke bevmax next to each other. These pepsi bevmax's are the same they have had there sense ace got the contract. I personally have never seen a vue here in AZ. On all the ASU campuses its all bevmax's and royals(also done by Ace vending). Practically 0 vendo's.

sky harbor is done by ace vending, they use mostly leased equipment there. They usually pair one pepsi bevmax and one coke bevmax next to each other. These pepsi bevmax's are the same they have had there sense ace got the contract. I personally have never seen a vue here in AZ. On all the ASU campuses its all bevmax's and royals(also done by Ace vending). Practically 0 vendo's.

Pepsi used to have a few Vues, but due to numerous problems with them they have largely been phased out in favor of the BevMax 4.

Also, I remember seeing some Coke Vendo Vues at Scottsdale Fashion Square. Not sure if they are still there.

Westcor gives that contract to the coke bottler. As of a 2 weeks ago fashion square had all bevmax's and a few of the new royal machines with the touch screens.

Coke aslo does biltmore fashion park. Im good friends with the onsite manager that works for westcor. He tells me Coke pays them some insane commission that the sales dont even come close to covering they just have them there to advertise.

Archived