First Success - Permission to Locate

ClarkMI

Mr. Bank Manager gave me permission to bring in my bulk candy machines!

This is a regional bank where I do my regular banking.  There is one teller who always expects a new joke from me (which I am happy to provide when I can).  One day I decided this could be a good location, so I asked a teller whether they had any machines in their break room.  He replied that they only had an honor box, but seemed to like the idea, and when I suggested Skittles he showed some enthusiasm.  I came back today to speak with the manager.  He said he thought it was a great idea!  In fact, the tellers were excited and had been talking about it!

I was so excited I forgot to talk to the manager about charity/commission.

This feels great.  I have filled out my Articles of Incorporation to officially start my company, and I want to get the machines in there as soon as possible!

These are two single-head machines on a wooden stand.  I am aware of the danger of district managers in banks, but this is a success regardless of what happens in the future.  I have high hopes for this business!

Clark

Put in the Skittles, and got Peanut M&Ms from your suggestion, Texas. This is the branch I normally bank at, so I should be able to check on the machine every two weeks. I am still excited and want to go see it after a week. Is that too soon just for a level check? Will they interpret that as being on top of maintenance, or something less flattering?

It is amazing to me that two sales per day beats the oft-referenced national average. I wonder what the first pull will be.

• 11 months later...

Put in the Skittles, and got Peanut M&Ms from your suggestion, Texas. This is the branch I normally bank at, so I should be able to check on the machine every two weeks. I am still excited and want to go see it after a week. Is that too soon just for a level check? Will they interpret that as being on top of maintenance, or something less flattering?

It is amazing to me that two sales per day beats the oft-referenced national average. I wonder what the first pull will be.

Was it a success? :)

Archived