Dixie-Narco 276 - keeps vending #3

MERcoke

Hello:

I recently bought a Dixie-Narco 276 6 selection coke machine.  When I bought it none of the selection would work.  I now have selection #4, 5 and 6 working. 

The problem is 1, 2 and 3.  They are for the wider selections (they hold a lot more cans).  When I put in a coin, selection #3 will vend even if I don't push any buttons.  if I disconnect #3, 1 and 2 don't work.  For some reason the person who had this previously have removed one of the three wires for selection 2 and 3 from the selection switch on the door.  With these wires removed and taped off I could not get 1,2,3 to work.  With the wires connected again, I have this problem with 3 automatically vending every time I put in a coin.

Sorry if this is an easy question.  I am new to vending machines.

Thank you for any help you can provide,

Mark

First of all you need to restore the wires to the selection switches by following the wiring diagram on the inner door. Then you can begin testing motors 1 - 3. You need to do this with the motor cover off so you can see what the motors are doing. There are two switch arms on a cluster of three switches on each motor. One switch arm is shorter than the other and when any motor is properly in its home position the short arm will be in a notch in the edge of the plastic timing can and the longer arm will be resting on the high edge of the cam.

You may have two issues here: you might have a stuck selection switch which automatically vends a column when a credit is set, or you have a bad motor that isn't stopping in it's home position, causing that motor to start running as soon as a credit is set. You can manually run any motor on a single price machine by lifting the short switch arm out of the notch which will begin one vend cycle. If the motor doesn't stop in the home position described above then you have a bad motor that must be replaced. If the motors do stop in the home position and those selection(s) still auto-vend when using coins then you have a bad selection switch or bad motor cluster switch.

You can PM me if you need any parts for this.

Thank you for your help.  I went back and checked the wiring diagram.  It looks like on selection 2 and 3 one of the three wires attached to the selection switch was removed and taped up.  The other wire was switched to the wrong position.  Once I put the wires back correctly all was working fine.  I have no idea why the prior owners would have done this.

One last question.  The cord for the machine looks to be chewed up.  What type of replacement cord should I use?  (ie., what gauge).  I am definitely not an electrician but should be able to fix the cord.

Again, thank you for all your help.

Mark

Archived