Another BevMax 4 question

BBVendors

I have a BevMax 4 at one of my accounts that will not vend at times. You can insert money, make the selection, the cup will go to desired selection but for only a split second, go to delivery door as if product was vended, go back and repeat process until money is refunded. The picker does not actuate when at desired selection but I can go into factory diagnostics and manually perform test vends and it works. When I clear out of the test mode and try to vend with money it won't work properly. I can power down the machine and it seems to clear up for a little while but the problem soon returns. Constantly "resetting" the machine is obviously not the answer. Any thoughts?

I have a BevMax 4 at one of my accounts that will not vend at times. You can insert money, make the selection, the cup will go to desired selection but for only a split second, go to delivery door as if product was vended, go back and repeat process until money is refunded. The picker does not actuate when at desired selection but I can go into factory diagnostics and manually perform test vends and it works. When I clear out of the test mode and try to vend with money it won't work properly. I can power down the machine and it seems to clear up for a little while but the problem soon returns. Constantly "resetting" the machine is obviously not the answer. Any thoughts?

My guess is that the cup sensors are slowly petering out - this how most electronic components die.  I suspect that if you did enough test vends you could duplicate the problem but intermittent problems are always a bear to troubleshoot.  If you have another Bevmax 4, I'd suggest swapping the cups and see what happens. 

When you are testing it is the plunger real close to hitting the edge of the shelf? This could lead to it actually hitting the shelf instead of the target when vending. Have you checked for this issue on a variety of selections including the 4 corners and the ends and middles of each shelf? Is the machine level to begin with and not rocking?

Have you followed the troubleshooting flowcharts in the manual? Specifically the one headed "Picker cup not working.". It will lead you to possibly the Y motor system but I think your problem is in the picker cup board or switches and other picker cup parts, or to the logic board itself.

Let me know if you need anything for it.

Archived