Water Flow Problem in Mixing Bowl

exblend

I have a Saeco SG-200 that has developed a problem with the water flow to the Chocolate Mixing Bowl. The Hot Chocolate and French Vanilla powder does not break down in the bowl and I am left with a mess at the bottom of the bowl and the water can not exit the mixing bowl. I tied removing the core from the valve stem on the valve to the chocolate mixing bowl to make sure that there was nothing hindering the operation. I cleaned up the stem but the problem still remains. The water flow in the milk bowl is stronger and the sound is louder when the water flows to the milk bowl than when it enters the second bowl, Any suggestions as to what could be the cause of this problem?  

You probably need to rebuild that water valve or at least ensure that the timing is still correct for it.  If the start and run times are correct then you probably have a clogged valve that needs to be delimed or rebuilt or replaced.

Can anyone suggest the correct Descaling Solution to use on the Saeco SG-200 where the best place to purchase it might be and provide some directions for completing this task? I appreciate your help.

I contacted Saega and they recommended that I use Dezcal Descaler on my SGg-200.I found the product but could use some help in the process to follow in descaling my machine. Do I need to drain the boiler as well as the reservoir. Do I add the mixture into the water jug and send it through the pump in the base cabinet. How long does the mixture typically sit in the machine before you rinse it out? How long a rinse process is suggested to be sure the product has been cleaned out of the machine. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.  

• 2 weeks later...

Also, you may have a batch of cocoa that clumps and does not flow right. I had this issue and found it was my after dispense rinse. You can set the Saeco SG200 to rinse/clean mixing bowls when needed.

Peace,

greatdane

• 11 months later...

I have a Saeco SG-200 that has developed a problem with the water flow to the Chocolate Mixing Bowl. The Hot Chocolate and French Vanilla powder does not break down in the bowl and I am left with a mess at the bottom of the bowl and the water can not exit the mixing bowl. I tied removing the core from the valve stem on the valve to the chocolate mixing bowl to make sure that there was nothing hindering the operation. I cleaned up the stem but the problem still remains. The water flow in the milk bowl is stronger and the sound is louder when the water flows to the milk bowl than when it enters the second bowl, Any suggestions as to what could be the cause of this problem?  

Sounds like the whipper motor is not working so the powder is not getting mixed into the water and it clumps up.  This explains the different sound vs the milk bowl. This happened to me once, replaced the motor and worked fine afterwards.  

Do a couple of rinses and if the water if flowing out ok, then its not a scale buildup.

Before ordering a new motor, you can switch the milk & HC whipper motors around and if the problem reverses, you have your answer! 

Sounds like the whipper motor is not working so the powder is not getting mixed into the water and it clumps up.  This explains the different sound vs the milk bowl. This happened to me once, replaced the motor and worked fine afterwards.  

Do a couple of rinses and if the water if flowing out ok, then its not a scale buildup.

Before ordering a new motor, you can switch the milk & HC whipper motors around and if the problem reverses, you have your answer!

Do you realize that you responded to a one year old post?  I'm sure that question no longer needs to be answered and now an old thread is resurrected.

• 1 year later...

Archived