compatible bill validators for AP snackshop 6600

reedhuskey

Currently installed is model# vn 2501 u3

And will take our dollar bills and will register on screen but wont vend or give change back. The coinco changer works by the way. My question is whats a possible easy fix for this?

I also want to know if a conlux model # nbm 3110 is compatible

Currently installed is model# vn 2501 u3

And will take our dollar bills and will register on screen but wont vend or give change back. The coinco changer works by the way. My question is whats a possible easy fix for this?

I also want to know if a conlux model # nbm 3110 is compatible

It sounds like your validator is fine as it takes the bill and shows a credit, which is about all it can do.  This sounds more like a board problem to me.  First make sure that the harness connection between the validator and board is good - it never hurts to unplug it and replug it with the power off.  If this doesn't work then my guess is your board is going out.  Theoritically any 120v validator should work in a 6600 with the proper bezel.

I know this sounds silly, but...... Is there sufficient coins in the mech? You say it won't vend or give change back. Will it return the bill? Without knowing those answers, my guess is that you need a new harness.

If you're getting a credit for the bills but can't vend then you might have a false credit that the board doesn't really see.  You might need to replace the validator but the only thing that really fits that machine is a Mars VFM or VN2501 since you have the Mars brackets and harness.  PM me if you need a replacement validator.

First off thanks to everyone for replying i appreciate it.

However, i went ahead and made sure the coin slots were full and still not vending using dollar bills. I then replaced the main board and still no vend.

Again it still vends using coins and the dollar bill validator will read and give credit but wont vend or give change back?

So im confused as to what my next move is. The dollar validator has a solid led light suggeating everything is ok.

Any help greatly appreciated

There are a number of things that could be wrong.  Are the prices set at or below a $1 in the selection you are choosing.  That machine will not display price electronically so you could have the wrong pricing set.  Also, does the coin return lever on the coin mech work when change is put into the machine?  Can you give us more information about the problem and what you have tried?

Also, I don't believe the conlux will work.  That is an MDB validator if I am correct.  

The VN2501 must be set to a short pulse or the credits won't be read by the board correctly.  Short pulse is with switch 7 ON and switch 8 OFF.  If that's how it's set now then your issue is in the validator or you have a bad validator-to-board harness.  If you need a new harness you can PM me for one.

Once upon a time I had this happen. Problem was the coin mech wasn't plugged in all the way. With that in mind I would replace coin mech. If coin mech has bad tube sensors it can't payout change. 

I believe pushing the service mode the validator is activated and will accept a bill. When the service mode is pressed again it will stack it. If you do that then validator is good. 

I know this sounds crazy but if Im not mistaking you need to set a price above your highest priced item to a false selection.  For example if your highest priced item is 1.25 set a price of 2.00 to selection A9.  Even though there is not an A9 selection.  I believe that might be part of the problem.  

I know this sounds crazy but if Im not mistaking you need to set a price above your highest priced item to a false selection.  For example if your highest priced item is 1.25 set a price of 2.00 to selection A9.  Even though there is not an A9 selection.  I believe that might be part of the problem.  

I think you're referring to the ability of the machine to take more than one bill.  He can't get a bill credit to allow a vend so I don't think a phantom price will help him out.

The pricing is set fine. I have tried vending a .75 and $1 item and nothing will come out. I will try the A9 phantom price . I dont know where switch #7 and #8 are at as AZVendor suggested. Also the tube sensors are located in tubes at top correct?

Thanks again for.the help everyone.

The VN2501 must be set to a short pulse or the credits won't be read by the board correctly. Short pulse is with switch 7 ON and switch 8 OFF. If that's how it's set now then your issue is in the validator or you have a bad

validator-to-board harness. If you need a new harness you can PM me for one.

Need jelp identifying switch #7 and #8.

Will set A9 to a higjer price as a phantom price and will mess with light bulb. All prices are good, coin mech is stocked, i just replaced new control board as well.

Reed huskey

On the side of your validator opposite where the harness plugs in is where you'll find the switches.  You'll have to remove the validator to reach them.  Your coin mech has tube sensors in the bottom and top of each tube - one for low level and one for high level so extras get sent to the coin box.

Archived