York Peppermint Patties, Blow Pops, Tootsie Pops, something else?

jpalm

Just finished my first collection on 55 pink ribbon boxes that was 100% Blow Pops. Overall I did pretty well, but I'm wondering if I could do better by adding/changing to a different candy like Tootsie pops or Peppermint Patties. Are there places where I should use one over the other? Interested in other people's experiences on which candies do best in which types of locations.

I use mostly peppermint patties and they sell great. When I expanded I tried some with all lollipops and they did not sell as well as the mints. Also I think the box filled with lollipops looks tacky. The box filled with mints looks very nice, especially the acrylic boxes. That's just my humble opinion. However if you have locations that have many kids then the pops might do better. You could always use mints and put about 10 pops in the box along the back. or just run a test for yourself. Put mints in 10-15 of your locations and see if you notice a difference

Verdigirl, I took two days getting all the boxes out and one day collecting them. About 20 locations were collected at 14 days, the rest were 13. My average net was around $7.50, putting my monthly average net at approximately $15.00. I'm satisfied enough with those numbers to proceed with more and really build this into something much larger.

Treadmill, I do intend to experiment, but I was hoping that I could at least experiment with some guidance to avoid waste as much as possible. What I've thought about doing are boxes with Blow Pops and Tootsie pops in a half tray and mints filling the rest, then checking in a couple of weeks and seeing which items sold the best. For example, If one place sold more mints, then the next box will be only mints.

I have tried bite size candy in 20 locations and showing 50% loss. I am in process of changing to York. With 70 York locations I show 26% loss. Parents let kids take candy and say nothing. SAD. Like the man said KEEP IT SIMPLE

Archived