Food King 429

CajunCandy

Have two Food Kings 429, one works great, other one givening error d5.

Put in test mode and sinalods work except for #5. Switch wire from 5 to 4 and now both come up error!

Did I mess some thing up by switching the wires?

cajun

If the wires from solenoid 4 worked solenoid 4 properly but then when the wires were moved to solenoid 5 that solenoid would not work, I would say you need a new solenoid.  If you also moved the #5 wires to the #4 solenoid and neither worked then you could have a bad #5 solenoid that took out a part on the logic board, causing the #5 wires to be bad.

If the wires from solenoid 4 worked solenoid 4 properly but then when the wires were moved to solenoid 5 that solenoid would not work, I would say you need a new solenoid.  If you also moved the #5 wires to the #4 solenoid and neither worked then you could have a bad #5 solenoid that took out a part on the logic board, causing the #5 wires to be bad.

For the life of me, I could not figure out what a sinalod was or why one would need one.  But since I've been steadfast in avoiding all food machines I figured they must exist somewhere.  Google doesn't seeem to know what they are either.  ;D  ;D  ;D

For the life of me, I could not figure out what a sinalod was or why one would need one.  But since I've been steadfast in avoiding all food machines I figured they must exist somewhere.  Google doesn't seeem to know what they are either.  ;D  ;D  ;D

It's apparent you don't drink the same shine as I do!

Android tablet, thought it was spelling it right!

Thats what happens when computers think their smater!

So AZ if I move a workng solenoid to #5, will it work or just say error?

Cajun

If the board driver for door 5 is still good then putting a good solenoid in that position should give you a working door.  If a good solenoid doesn't work then I would suspect the board but it's probably a bad solenoid.

As I recall on this machine there is a switch on every door that tells the board if the door is locked or unlocked. So moving solenoid wires around without switch wires will get you more errors not test vends

I think you need to clear the error before the board will try that door again.

I agree that the solenoid is likely open as I have seen several fail in that way.

Walta

As I recall on this machine there is a switch on every door that tells the board if the door is locked or unlocked. So moving solenoid wires around without switch wires will get you more errors not test vends

I think you need to clear the error before the board will try that door again.

I agree that the solenoid is likely open as I have seen several fail in that way.

Walta

Walta

Cayun is here in Kansas..

Pushing the clear doesn't accomplish anything. You push it and the correct change light flickers but nothing happens even if you hold it for a long time. 

It seems like we have no problem creating a error. Unplugging J 58 on board is all the door switches. Test vending a couple of selections will cause a error. reconnecting J 58 repairs basically all the select switches. But the selections that we test vend still show the errors and pushing the C won't clear them even tho you can see the C is working.

Second we have taken suspected solenoids off and with a multimeter the solenoids I think 3 show approx 30 ohms.  The vendor works takes monies and vends perfectly except for the selections with errors. That leads me to believe all the door switches are operating correctly. No open doors. We started with only 1 door error and now have 4.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I need to send this Cajun home the moonshine and roadkill are about to kill me.   ;D  ;D

At this point I am thinking it is the control board. AZ gave us some ideas we will try first.

Walta

Cayun is here in Kansas..

Pushing the clear doesn't accomplish anything. You push it and the correct change light flickers but nothing happens even if you hold it for a long time. 

It seems like we have no problem creating a error. Unplugging J 58 on board is all the door switches. Test vending a couple of selections will cause a error. reconnecting J 58 repairs basically all the select switches. But the selections that we test vend still show the errors and pushing the C won't clear them even tho you can see the C is working.

Second we have taken suspected solenoids off and with a multimeter the solenoids I think 3 show approx 30 ohms.  The vendor works takes monies and vends perfectly except for the selections with errors. That leads me to believe all the door switches are operating correctly. No open doors. We started with only 1 door error and now have 4.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I need to send this Cajun home the moonshine and roadkill are about to kill me.   ;D  ;D

At this point I am thinking it is the control board. AZ gave us some ideas we will try first.

Maybe you should just swap him for one that works Roger.  I know this sounds kinda extreme but your options are getting pretty thin here  ;D  ;D  ;D

Ps.  you sure you checked all those sinalods ?

Machines has been park for thirteen years in a shop, so we could be fighting some corrosion.

Will check all connections, and anything else.

cajun

The first thing I'd do is get all those pesky sinalods out of there along with any other swamp critters that have taken up residence in that machine  ;D  ;D  ;D

Let it snow, Let it snow!

Glad to meet you to Chard!

cajun

Conclusion on Food Kings.

Will send in board to have it checked out and update e-prom.

Thanks for everybody's input on machines.

Clear button don't have any effects on clearing errors. 

After reading the manual the C button is only used for ER U4 and not the door errors.

Since the error is spreading is it possible one of the solenoids is shorted and blowing whatever driver it gets connected to. I think you are looking for 2 problems.

Make sure the switch that tells the computer the door is open or closed is working as it may be used to clear the errors.

Next I would check the door lock switch. I would jam each door open one at a time and try to rotate the drum with the main door closed using the button on the keypad. It should only turn when all the doors are locked.

Once you are sure all the switches work use the test mode to check each door.

TEST View machine status and test certain functions: 1. Press the MODE switch on the main controller. 2. Press until the display shows. 3. Make a selection and open the door (if you deposit money, the credit is shown in the display). The selection number flashes momentarily in the display to indicate the door solenoid activates. This is followed by the number with two dashes: Example, - - for selection #1. The dashes indicate that the door switch is made. 4. Do not close the door yet. You can either wait 12 seconds. The display shows - - , indicating that the vend timer has timed out. OR, you can press rather than wait the 12 seconds. The display will still indicate that the machine recognizes that the door has not closed. In this condition, the carousel will not rotate. 5. The display returns to when the door is closed. 6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the remaining doors. 7. Press and hold to return to the standby message.

Remove the inoperative solenoids compare their resistance with a working one if they look good test them on a working door Do not replace the board before you are sure all the solenoids are good.

Walta

Thanks walta

Tested all the solenoids today, everyone worked by applying 24 volts to each one, every solenoid pulled in and released.

Just can't make errors clear with clear button.

Will try something different in morning with programming.

Hopefully this works!

Thanks venddoctor!

Thanks AZ!

Thanks rmorris1953!

cajun

The first thing I'd do is get all those pesky sinalods out of there along with any other swamp critters that have taken up residence in that machine  ;D  ;D  ;D

Thanks walta

Thanks venddoctor!

Thanks AZ!

Thanks rmorris1953!

cajun

I couldn't help but notice that you forgot to thank Mr Moondang for his informative SMART-golpher comments.... unless of course he has changed his username to venddoctor without telling us?

I think if he was going to change his username... beerdoctor would be a more appropriate name because after drinking that crap stuff that he calls beer.... you would definitely need to seek medical advise! ;D  ;D  ;D     

I couldn't help but notice that you forgot to thank Mr Moondang for his informative SMART-golpher comments.... unless of course he has changed his username to venddoctor without telling us?

I think if he was going to change his username... beerdoctor would be a more appropriate name because after drinking that crap stuff that he calls beer.... you would definitely need to seek medical advise! ;D  ;D  ;D     

I figure that his biggest error was just in buying those Food Kings to begin with.  Venddoctor only helped out because he was afraid Cajun would soon be visiting him once Roger gave him the boot.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Archived