narco 5591 price changing on its own?

matthew0582

The * key acts as a wildcard while pricing. That's the usual culprit.

So, for example, while pricing the E shelf, you type in the price "2.75" and push E1. Then you change the price to ".75" and push E2...E9. If you accidentally push * instead of a number while pricing the rest of the shelf, you set the prices of the entire shelf to ".75."

Check all of your other prices and make sure they held the same.  As Feral said, you could have inadvertently done this with the wild card key even if you didn't think you were in the pricing mode.  Are you sure you didn't change any price after installing it?  Are you even sure that the 2.25 price held after setting it off location?  If you have odd pricing showing up or if everything defaults at some point to .50, then you have a bad battery on the board and it can't save prices in the event of a power outage.

I have monster energy drink for $2.25 I came to my location and they said its selling for .75 cents. How did it change on its own or am I losing my mind?

Is it possible that this machine is set for HAPPY HOUR PRICING... this could explain why the price has changed by itself if you are sure that you originally set the selection price @ $2.25? 

Mine kept resetting to $99.95.

This sounds more like a battery issue as $99.95 should be the default price if the machine was reset or couldn't store set prices in its memory

• 11 months later...

Archived