Usi model 3015, reliable ?

Hey folks I have an older. Odell ap 40 select that I'm about to replace . It's given me nothing but nightmares .

I have an hr40 at another location and I've had it forever without much problems . I saw a usi 3015 ( little older model then the hr40) for around 1k.

It's refurbished by company standards on vending world .

My question is , is this a good reliable snack machine ?

I need to get a 40 selection snack and that's right in my price range .

Is it a good reliable machine to have ?

Thanks

My first question is... what kind of an "AP 40" do you have?  To answer your question though... yes a USI 3015 is pretty reliable but it's certainly an old model.  Parts are getting difficult to get without going directly through USI's website (vendnetusa).  If you are referring to an AP 4000, then I can see why you would want to move into something newer, but if you have an AP 7600 and you plan on moving to a USI 3015, it may be kind of a downgrade in a way.

About as reliable a 30 year old truck.

The machine is about 30 years old.

It would be an upgrade if your AP is a 400 model.

But if your AP is 4000 it is a tossup.

If your AP is a 7000 or newer it is a down grade.

Walta

Don't waste your time on a USI 3015 for $1000.  You should be able to find a newer, more reliable snack for about the same money and not have the hassles of USI obsoleting parts.  I also wouldn't give Vending World any of my money as they don't even return phone messages.

I like my USI 3014/3015s.  I have one with dual spirals which is nicer for a number of reasons, primarily due to the fact that there is no width adjustment on this model.  They have been very reliable and the programing is all listed right on the machine, and is much more full featured compared to the AP6600/7600 (like there is a test vend system on the USI but not on the AP).  I wouldn't have a problem choosing one over a 6600/7600, mainly based on the programing, but also since I paid $200-$300 for each USI.  At $1000, I'd rather have an LCM2.  If you need a five wide tho...I don't know what else would be available in that price range.  The only five wide I have that I like better than the USI is an AP 123, and that will be quite a bit more money I believe.

Guys , there is also an lcm3 and an ap 7600 at aboit the same price .

I've been looking high and wide for a newer machine at this price range that's 5 wide and I can't find anything else .

Where do you guys buy your 5wides at ?

And thanks for the warning on vending world. :)

White room is an lcm3 better then an lcm2?

$1,000 way to much for a 3015 A. Problematic at this stage in life. $1,000 on location ok but not buying out right. Composite trays. The candy trays can't take the weight of a fully loaded tray and will crack causing the tray to fall down when servicing. Displays go out for no apparent reason. 

A 3013A is hard to come by  when you have a small space they work very well. Personally my choice is a AP 113. Reliable hard working. Dual coils on both the AP 112 and 113. At the right price it can be upgraded with a new kit like the VE board and won't cost a arm and leg. C/C readers can be mounted easily unlike the LCM and AP 123. Unless you are using a C/C reader mounted on Bill Validator for Example USA E port has to be mounted to high for anyone to use on the LCM and AP 123. National !47 tru !67's have knock outs. Just in case you want to have C/C readers in the future.

I would avoid national 145,146,147,148 due to age.

An LCM is the whole series so the LCM 3 is just a different version. I believe there were 4 models in the series. I believe one model is a 4-wide snack, one is a 5-wide snack, one is a 5-wide combo, and the last might be a 4-wide combo but I'm not sure.

Rmorris, in all fairness, I have never seen a USI tray crack but I think many of us have seen AP 7600 trays do all kinds of things after decades of use. I'm just saying that I think the cracking tray thing isn't that big of an issue unless it actually happens of course.

Also, I don't think all AP 110's came with dual spirals. I have a machine that I had to change out single for dual spiral on my own. It's an expensive upgrade.

$1,000 way to much for a 3015 A. Problematic at this stage in life. $1,000 on location ok but not buying out right. Composite trays. The candy trays can't take the weight of a fully loaded tray and will crack causing the tray to fall down when servicing. Displays go out for no apparent reason. 

A 3013A is hard to come by  when you have a small space they work very well. Personally my choice is a AP 113. Reliable hard working. Dual coils on both the AP 112 and 113. At the right price it can be upgraded with a new kit like the VE board and won't cost a arm and leg. C/C readers can be mounted easily unlike the LCM and AP 123. Unless you are using a C/C reader mounted on Bill Validator for Example USA E port has to be mounted to high for anyone to use on the LCM and AP 123. National !47 tru !67's have knock outs. Just in case you want to have C/C readers in the future.

Note:  There is a significant difference between the 3015 and the 3015 A machines - I've refurbished both and the "A" series seems to be where USI began perfecting the art of cranking out low grade flimsy equipment.  The 3015 is a well made machine but not for a grand.  At that price point I'd look for a good AP113 and clean it up myself.  Vending World, like any professional refurbisher, gets a lot of money for any of their equipment.  For the best price, check Craigs List and do the elbow grease yourself.  Vending World is in the process of moving so that may explain their lack of communication.

Guys , there is also an lcm3 and an ap 7600 at aboit the same price .

I've been looking high and wide for a newer machine at this price range that's 5 wide and I can't find anything else .

Where do you guys buy your 5wides at ?

And thanks for the warning on vending world. :)

White room is an lcm3 better then an lcm2?

The LCM (low cost machine) series is much newer than the old AP7600 and is MDB compatible and probably worth a grand if in good shape.  The AP7600 is the classic work horse of the vending business.  It is not MDB compatible but is built like a tank and therefore a much better option for a rough blue collar account.  That said, an AP7600 should cost between five and seven hundred dollars.

Note:  There is a significant difference between the 3015 and the 3015 A machines - I've refurbished both and the "A" series seems to be where USI began perfecting the art of cranking out low grade flimsy equipment.  

All my USI equipment machines have the letter (A) after the model number... I always thought that USI put the (A) in their model numbers to differentiate between 110V - 230V equipment?

All my USI equipment machines have the letter (A) after the model number... I always thought that USI put the (A) in their model numbers to differentiate between 110V - 230V equipment?

Nope - the A series machines have a much cheaper tray connection, composite trays and God help you if you attempt to wipe down the interior without a glove on - those metal edges are razor sharp. Compared to the 3015, the 3015 A is a huge pile of crap.  Should you remove the trim to put on a new front your chances of getting them back on is iffy at best.

No.. The "A" is the updated series. One easy way to tell is if the machine has a T handle (A series) or an L handle (previous series).

To further complicate matters, the only true way to figure out what type of parts an older USI machine needs is with a serial number as machines varied greatly within the same model numbers. I think the newer stuff is pretty consistent though.

Also, I don't think all AP 110's came with dual spirals. I have a machine that I had to change out single for dual spiral on my own. It's an expensive upgrade.

Hi Chris, what exactly did you have to buy to make this upgrade so expensive?

I have seen plenty of 110's series machines with dual spirals here but I am not 100% sure if they came that way or were upgraded at a later date... I thought the only difference between the trays in the 110 series & 123 series were the motors?

I theory... I thought a 110 series tray should work in a 120 series machine & vice versa?

Nope - the A series machines have a much cheaper tray connection, composite trays and God help you if you attempt to wipe down the interior without a glove on - those metal edges are razor sharp. Compared to the 3015, the 3015 A is a huge pile of crap.  Should you remove the trim to put on a new front your chances of getting them back on is iffy at best.

So what your really trying to say is... the reason I have all A model USI is because you Americans export all your CHEAP, CRAP & INFERIOR machines Down Under?  ;D  ;D  ;D

So what your really trying to say is... the reason I have all A model USI is because you Americans export all your CHEAP, CRAP & INFERIOR machines Down Under? ;D;D;D

Well, yeah.

Hi Chris, what exactly did you have to buy to make this upgrade so expensive?

I have seen plenty of 110's series machines with dual spirals here but I am not 100% sure if they came that way or were upgraded at a later date... I thought the only difference between the trays in the 110 series & 123 series were the motors?

I theory... I thought a 110 series tray should work in a 120 series machine & vice versa?

I had to buy the dual spiral kit. I think it was $120 for one tray to convert it from single spiral to dual spiral.

I believe the AP 123 is completely different from a 113. I don't even know what they would share apart from a t handle and maybe the rollers lol. I haven't worked with a 123 in a while though.

Yep, I've seen the shelves crack, too. They bow first, something fierce. 

Well, yeah.

I had to buy the dual spiral kit. I think it was $120 for one tray to convert it from single spiral to dual spiral.

I believe the AP 123 is completely different from a 113. I don't even know what they would share apart from a t handle and maybe the rollers lol. I haven't worked with a 123 in a while though.

I'm pretty sure that there are a number of parts in common between the 113 and 123. Same glass size, same coin return bucket, I want to say the trim is mostly the same, too. Shelves, control boards, and button panels all very different, though. 

I'm pretty sure that there are a number of parts in common between the 113 and 123. Same glass size, same coin return bucket, I want to say the trim is mostly the same, too. Shelves, control boards, and button panels all very different, though. 

I misunderstood what he said earlier so it doesn't really matter what I said.  He was just saying that the trays were mostly the same (apart from the motors) on an AP 113 and a 123 and I thought he was saying that the motors on the trays were the ONLY difference.  My mistake!

Don't want to eat anymore crow this week. But I did buy a 113 with all candy shelves from a AP 123. Some 123's have the same plug on the back as AP 113 and some have the white plugs. that won't connect.

Thank God it was't the cajun who made you eat crow!

lol!

cajun

Some LCM's are MDB ready. Only need a $20 cable to accomplish that. Some boards don't have the plug for that cable. VE sells the LCM board that is MDB capable for $150 not to be confused with the AP studio.

Don't care for the LCM and Studio's that much a 4 wide can't be twisted through door. I hate it when someone says its just a four wide. Also motors won't interchange. with anything but LCM. That motor thing is confusing to me. Black blue and white motors on the AP series. When you have a bucket full of motors. LOL

I do believe the shelves from 113, LCM and 123 are the same just the harness and plugs are different. 

In my humble opinion the best buy you can make on used equipment is a AP 112 or 113 with dual coils under $500 hands down. New paint, new LED lights, new tuff front and the VE kit to upgrade electronics to MDB all for under $1,000 gives you a good looking piece that will last many years more. Personally I think it looks better then spending money on the revision door.

I would avoid national 145,146,147,148 due to age.

An LCM is the whole series so the LCM 3 is just a different version. I believe there were 4 models in the series. I believe one model is a 4-wide snack, one is a 5-wide snack, one is a 5-wide combo, and the last might be a 4-wide combo but I'm not sure.

Rmorris, in all fairness, I have never seen a USI tray crack but I think many of us have seen AP 7600 trays do all kinds of things after decades of use. I'm just saying that I think the cracking tray thing isn't that big of an issue unless it actually happens of course.

Cris that composite will split at the front rollers and then the sides of the trays will lean in at the front. When that happens the tray just falls out of the track.2 ways to fix it. 1 make it a chip tray by swapping the parts around. 2 get some 1/2" light angle iron and reinforce the front of the tray. Candy is a lot lighter these days because we don't use as much chocolate so you may not see it as much these days.

Can't say if the 110's came with dual coils but I have seen many that are and sold them. It is a very expensive thing to do. New motors and left and right coils add up fast. I have had some that wanted me to upgrade and then back out when they find out how much it cost.

Since I started at pepsi in 1992 the 110's were new and until about 2011 I didn't have much to do with snack vendors etc. So I am playing catch up. Still did some on the side but most was just older stuff. 

I misunderstood what he said earlier so it doesn't really matter what I said.  He was just saying that the trays were mostly the same (apart from the motors) on an AP 113 and a 123 and I thought he was saying that the motors on the trays were the ONLY difference.  My mistake!

Now i'm confused... what was I asking?  ;D

Archived