276E vending too many cans on one column.

ki4fkw

So, I went to service my DN 276E today and found that my column 7 was jammed. Sure enough, it had smashed a can and jammed. Easy enough, I removed the can, cleaned up and checked that it worked right. It had dislodged the rod, so I put it back in place.

I tested the column to prime the cans to vend and found that it will drop all three cans instead of just the one.

I compared it to the other 6 columns (all set up for 12 oz cans) and for the life of me cannot figure out why it is dropping them and the others are only dropping the one they are supposed to.

The rod is in the right place. It has the right shim. The cam is in the right setting. 

I finally had to leave the column as "sold out" so I could ask online and try to go back later.

What am I missing?

Is it possible that you somehow bumped the cam?  I don't know these numbers for sure... but I think setting 4 is 1-deep and will cause the column to make a full turn, thus dropping everything in that column per vend.

If your motor cam isn't loose and is set to give you 3 notches for three deep vending then make sure that the motor switch arm isn't caught behind the brown cams and that the switch is connected. If all of this is correct then check if the motor runs without stopping when the switch arm is in a notch. If it rolls through the notches without stopping then it can be a bad switch, damaged wire, loose connector in the bottom of the door or at the logic board. If it drops 3 cans and then stops at the first notch the switch hits, then your rotor is 180 out of time. You can fix that by removing the brown cams and rotate them 180 without moving the rotor. That should then fix it.

Also, your rod/spring must be in the middle holes in the front and rear of the rotor.

Archived