DN 368 won't vend - please help

avvending

I bought a small lot of older machines and one is a Dixie Narco 368cc that won't vend.  It takes payment and gives back proper change. but none of the selection buttons work.  I nested the motors and they all work and have continuity.  There is continuity through all the selection buttons.  I swapped out the vend relay with a working machines relay and with a new relay but still won't vend.  Also even though i installed a known working relay i do not hear it click the way it should when the payment is received.

Any ideas?

Thank you

AV Vending

Verify your price setting then if you have a bill validator insert a bill and see if a credit is set (watching the relay) and see if the machine pays change. If the bills are rejected then set a credit with coins making sure that the last coin goes over the vend price. If it pays change and won't allow a vend and won't accept more money then a credit is set but the vend circuit is open. In that case, if all motors are home (short motor switch arm in a motor cam notch and the long arm on the high side of the can) then your problem is likely to be in the selection panel. There could be a wire not connected or a switch could be bad. The vend circuit flows though every select switch, the credit relay and on the motors.

If the machine accepts money continuously without setting a credit then either your coin mech is bad or there is an open circuit in one of your motor switches. In that case try a new coin mech and make sure all motor switches are connected with the same plugs on the same switches on each motor. There are 3 switches on each motor and three different connectors (wire wise).

The first thing I check on a single price machine is trip the cam switch on each motor it should run to the next valley in the cam. Only one motor will turn at a time.

Sure sounds like a coin mech problem.

Did you swap the coin mech?

What make and model coin mech do you have?

Walta

Put the number 1 column switches in the notch or valley, Insure both arms are in at the same time. Now deposit money and see if that selection vends automatically. If it does continue with 2-8 selections. If all vend then the problem is in the selection panel. Most likely broken common on select panel,

If relay is snapping and then releases so it continues to take money without vending. Possibilities are someone has replaced a motor and got a wire under the motor and now it is shorting out. While putting on the motor cover back on they pinched a wire and broke it. Removed the wires from a switch on a motor and didn't get it plugged in correctly. Missing the common on the inside red connector switch.  

This is where a cheater cord comes in very handy. Time and money.. Cheater cord eliminates the possibilities of coin mech immediately. You will in most cases know within 5 minutes where the problem is.  

Archived