Bevmax 5591 Recovery Unit - Door Replacement

kiwi

I have a broken/damaged delivery door on a Bevmax 5591 that is causing ice buildup on the evaporator because the door is occasionally not sealing properly.

I was just wanting to know the correct way to remove the delivery door. It has 3 rivets securing it in place which I could drill out but I would doubt this is the correct way to replace it so I thought I would ask the experts?

I am sure I will get some smart comment from you know who.... but I could do with a laugh! ;D  ;D  ;D  

There were at least 2 different designs for the flap door.

1 The original made to vend glass bottles of Snapple tea. A large one piece rubber door, I have not seen a failure of this door type.

2 Designed for food vending where a sandwich was not heavy enough to open the rubber door. This door has about a dozen small hard plastic doors. Some have sensors on the bin to monitor the doors position.

Design 2 fails often parts replacement is only real option and becomes a maintenance routine

Please post a few photos of the broken door.

Walta

There were at least 2 different designs for the flap door.

1 The original made to vend glass bottles of Snapple tea. A large one piece rubber door, I have not seen a failure of this door type.

2 Designed for food vending where a sandwich was not heavy enough to open the rubber door. This door has about a dozen small hard plastic doors. Some have sensors on the bin to monitor the doors position.

Design 2 fails often parts replacement is only real option and becomes a maintenance routine

Please post a few photos of the broken door.

Walta

Thanks Walta

I managed to get the flap door off... I just removed the screws holding the top bar & then I was able to pull the side wall of the recovery unit apart far enough to get the flap out.

I will try to upload a picture (have to figure out how to do it) of the broken flap to show you whats broken. 

Its not that bad... just cracked in one corner where the rivet attaches it to the bar. 

I think Walt forgot that after the Snapple machines ECC and DN changed to a hard plastic door that does break.  You removed it the way it has to be done.  Don't forget to reinstall the spring that helps to hold the door closed when you put it back together.

I think Walt forgot that after the Snapple machines ECC and DN changed to a hard plastic door that does break.  You removed it the way it has to be done.  Don't forget to reinstall the spring that helps to hold the door closed when you put it back together.

Randy... do you have any plastic delivery door in-stock?

I was going to attempt to repair the damaged one but if I can get a "new" door I would rather order one off you to insure that it will operate correctly.

Thanks

Yes I can ship one to you. I remember that you found a transhipper that could send packages down to you for less than our standard methods of shipping down under. If you'll PM me that info along with yours I can get one out to you.

Archived