Bevmax Issues

kiwi

I was working on a an older ECC Bevmax today when I came across a problem with the display. I replaced the fuse (which was blown) and the display starting working again but when I closed the service door it would freeze up on whatever message was scrolling across the screen.

Has anyone ever experienced this issue before?

The machine works fine with the door switch disabled... but to exit the programming menu you need to turn the power off each time which can be a pain in the golpher!

I have tested the door switch & the display which both seem fine which leads me to believe there must be a problem with the main control board...

I will try a different control board tomorrow to see if it solves the door switch problem. 

Cheers

If the display does the same thing in another machine or with another logic board then you know the issue is with the display, otherwise it's the logic board.  If the new board and/or display don't fix this then it's the power supply transformer.  I've experienced a bad transformer when the display won't light at all though the machine still vends properly based on posted and programmed prices.  There is one voltage from the transformer that is specific to the display (even though the display plugs into the board) and if it drops just a little the display has problems.

If the display does the same thing in another machine or with another logic board then you know the issue is with the display, otherwise it's the logic board.  If the new board and/or display don't fix this then it's the power supply transformer.  I've experienced a bad transformer when the display won't light at all though the machine still vends properly based on posted and programmed prices.  There is one voltage from the transformer that is specific to the display (even though the display plugs into the board) and if it drops just a little the display has problems.

Thanks

I will test again today & let you know how I get on... 

Update... after replacing the control board the problem with the display freezing up when the door switch is activated has gone away.

Gee, only a control board?  That's what I'd call a worst case scenario - what did that sucker run you?

Gee, only a control board?  That's what I'd call a worst case scenario - what did that sucker run you?

It was a repair for another operator so it didn't cost me a cent... it's going to cost him plenty though!  ;D

Archived