For the refrigeration experts - USI FF2000

loach33

Model 3521.  Single spiral chiller.  I put 16.9 oz bottles in there along with crackers, pastries, a few chips, snickers, nuts, OJ, Monster...... It has about 30 selections if I remember right...bottles go 6 deep.

When sales hit about $90 the machine is real close to empty.  I have four rows of Mountain Dew and those will be gone.  Everything else is one row.  I guess I'd like to have a standalone cold machine that will be OK sittng in the warm weather (not outdoors) that has maybe 50% more capacity.

If the AMS machine does that then great.  I have mostly USI stuff now. 

I know that adding capacity will affect the other machines. It has to.  But, getting there and seeing an almost empty machine each time - I just think in the long run those guys will get tired of seeing that and think I should be there more often.  

And this is in the winter.  I do expect sales to pick up in the summer on drinks.  If I need six rows of Mountain Dew out there then I'll be hurting on other selections.

I think I might bite the bullet and install two full sized machines out there.  If that's where people are doing their buying then maybe that's where you need to locate your biggest machines.  Having an empty machine has got to be hurting your potential sales as there's always going to be that guy on the fence who'll do without rather than making the 200 foot trek to the big machine.

Model 3521.  Single spiral chiller.  I put 16.9 oz bottles in there along with crackers, pastries, a few chips, snickers, nuts, OJ, Monster...... It has about 30 selections if I remember right...bottles go 6 deep.

When sales hit about $90 the machine is real close to empty.  I have four rows of Mountain Dew and those will be gone.  Everything else is one row.  I guess I'd like to have a standalone cold machine that will be OK sittng in the warm weather (not outdoors) that has maybe 50% more capacity.

If the AMS machine does that then great.  I have mostly USI stuff now. 

I know that adding capacity will affect the other machines. It has to.  But, getting there and seeing an almost empty machine each time - I just think in the long run those guys will get tired of seeing that and think I should be there more often.  

And this is in the winter.  I do expect sales to pick up in the summer on drinks.  If I need six rows of Mountain Dew out there then I'll be hurting on other selections.

The 3521 model is a ST3000 machine which essentially a 3 wide combo. The ST (single temperature) is designed to vend food/bottles so is usually only configured to have 5 trays (24) compared to the VT which normally is 6 trays (30) selections.

You could have 6 trays in you ST3000 model but I don't think this is the case because you stated that you were doing 16.9oz bottles... you can also increase your can capacity by adding a HCCU (High Capacity Can Unit) but this will only increase your can capacity on a tray from (60) cans to (100) cans. I don't think this added can capacity will solve your problems with selections running out.

USI has 2 different size combo machine's... 

- the VT/ST3000 model 3 wide combo (which you currently have) 

- the VT/ST5000 model 5 wide combo

As for the AMS machines... they are very good quality machines. But their is very little difference in capacity between the largest USI Combo's & the AMS Combo's. 

I think I might bite the bullet and install two full sized machines out there. 

For the first time... we might actually agree on something!!  ;D

If you really need more capacity then you should find a DN Entray machine. 

This is another option I would consider... especially if you are wanting to offer more variety of selections than you would get from a standalone drink machine.

Thanks for the advice.  

I do have 6 trays.  Some shelves have four motors and others have five.  The bottom has 6.  

Yeah, maybe a second machine would work.  They have the space.  I'll keep all this in mind.

• 1 month later...

The 3521 model is a ST3000 machine which essentially a 3 wide combo. The ST (single temperature) is designed to vend food/bottles so is usually only configured to have 5 trays (24) compared to the VT which normally is 6 trays (30) selections.

You could have 6 trays in you ST3000 model but I don't think this is the case because you stated that you were doing 16.9oz bottles... you can also increase your can capacity by adding a HCCU (High Capacity Can Unit) but this will only increase your can capacity on a tray from (60) cans to (100) cans. I don't think this added can capacity will solve your problems with selections running out.

USI has 2 different size combo machine's... 

- the VT/ST3000 model 3 wide combo (which you currently have) 

- the VT/ST5000 model 5 wide combo

As for the AMS machines... they are very good quality machines. But their is very little difference in capacity between the largest USI Combo's & the AMS Combo's. 

For the first time... we might actually agree on something!!  ;D

Yeah, it's the ST3000.   So, that stands for Single Temp?   Will it only do cold then..... can I make it do Frozen?  Ice cream...etc

You may need to ask USI but if you have a GVC2 controller then that manual says you can make it a single frozen temperature. This might be dependent on your controller type or EPROM number.

Archived