need some input please on food / sandwich machines

Abc sales

hello

we are a small time vendor that only has soda and snack machines. my question is a new customer approached me about placing machines at its location because they are tired of poor service from the current vendor. the location currently has three break rooms with a soda and snack machine at each break room and one of the break rooms has a food machine with sandwiches. Im in the dark on food,is there profit ? where do you store it I would need a cooler or something? is it even worth it? I guess it depends on the location .. I found a used food machine a couples hours from me for $1800. not sure about any of this so any input is helpful.

thank

you

don

hello

we are a small time vendor that only has soda and snack machines. my question is a new customer approached me about placing machines at its location because they are tired of poor service from the current vendor. the location currently has three break rooms with a soda and snack machine at each break room and one of the break rooms has a food machine with sandwiches. Im in the dark on food,is there profit ? where do you store it I would need a cooler or something? is it even worth it? I guess it depends on the location .. I found a used food machine a couples hours from me for $1800. not sure about any of this so any input is helpful.

thank

you

don

I'm in the same place you're at - no food machines of any kind.  Based on the feedback I've read here, they're break-even at best and are only used to secure certain accounts.  The frozen machines seem to get a better review as there are low to no expired products and you can sell ice cream.

The 431 is considered a good machine but it's an old model. It can vend all kinds of food but your capacity is not huge. You can fill it with sodas and other things that last a long time though. You can also just fill maybe 1/3 of it where the customers can cycle through.

You are taking a big step when you move up to food in your vending business.

It takes time money and sometimes special equipment to transport food.

You need to be informed that food may be a loss leader at your location.

When you have three break rooms, I hope there is a population of like 200 plus so you can make your money back on pop and snack sales.

Here is what the listing says

431 refrigerated carousel food vending machine

Not sure if this helps

The National 431 isn't truly a combination machine but you could certainly look at it that way.  That model is a good one and the great thing about it is that with a harness and eprom change it can be made MDB so that you could put a card reader on it if you needed to. 

I have been running a cold food 431 at a factory location for 6 months now.   In order to get the account, I had to buy a cold food machine.  I paid $1000 for my shoppertron 431.     I am trying to upgrade it to MDB so I can install a card reader.  My current bill validator only accepts $1 bills so the sales numbers are too low. 

The biggest problem I have encountered was a blown triac.  The triac is a small inexpensive part, however,  it's failure causes everything to freeze out.  Any sodas inside will explode, covering every surface inside the machine. 

I would offer a micro market,  or get a full size glass front refrigerated machine instead of a carousel style. 

The National 431 isn't truly a combination machine but you could certainly look at it that

way. That model is a good one and the great thing about it is that with a harness and eprom change it can be made MDB so that you could put a card reader on it if you needed to.

Sorry az vendor that was the cold food machine I'm looking at the combination machine I'm looking at is a Automated Merchandising Systems vending machine Model 39 VCB.

Archived