shimming 501e

Jimmy

I am also trying to shim a 501E to sell Red Bull. I have a wall mount panel, 2 rods w/white plastic tubes. The problem is that the rear spacer won't move far enough forward to insure the cans hold the sold out paddles. Anyone ever done this in a 501E narrow column?

The rear spacer should be set in hole 17 counting from the front. The kit also calls for the narrow sold out paddle. The timing cam is at position 1. One rod w/ tube goes in hole A and the other in hole C in the rotor. So no rod in the middle hole.

Do you have a full kit for this? There is a special can stop shim for the right side and an angle shim that mounts to the top of that, then you have the left side wall and a filler shim for the left side as well.

I removed from a Red Bull 276e that was factory set. I gave the 2 rods with white tubes and a side panel that hangs on GE right Gand side wall of the selection. I did not notice any adaptor for te left side. No stop shim that I was aware of.

Dixie 501e  Gatoraide Shimming Wide Coloum

Factory calls for 2 thinner shims on each side

These should be the rectangular type NOT the ones with a tab for cans

You Should install a Oscillator Paddle Extension Dix 32401021003

On some machines the cabinet may have overtime (and from putting one machine on top of another) become out of square and you may have to custom shim the machine for proper operation. I have had to install an extra shim on the side that is closest to the outer wall. I used two bottle shims and one can shim touching the wall.

Archived