Buying a route with mostly planet antares combo soda snack machines?

Hi, 

I am considering buying a route with mostly planet antares office deli combo soda snack machines.  I talked with someone who works at a vending machine repair shop and he did not recommend those machines because of their poor maintenance/reliability record.  Can anyone with experience with planet antares office deli type machines offer any advice?  If I were to offer to buy those machines what is the Planet Antares office deli combo used machine price worth?   Thank-you to all experienced vending machine operators in advance.

The Antares machines are worth their weight in scrap when stripped of all the plastic parts. So if scrap metal is going for $100 a ton (2,000 lbs) you would need to strip all the non metal off the machines and turn in about 4 of them to get $100.

Hi, 

I am considering buying a route with mostly planet antares office deli combo soda snack machines.  I talked with someone who works at a vending machine repair shop and he did not recommend those machines because of their poor maintenance/reliability record.  Can anyone with experience with planet antares office deli type machines offer any advice?  If I were to offer to buy those machines what is the Planet Antares office deli combo used machine price worth?   Thank-you to all experienced vending machine operators in advance.

The only real value here might be in the accounts themselves and then you'd be buying a lot of blue sky.  Any account that could get by with just an Office Deli probably is not worth much anyway - more bother than it's worth but sometimes you'll see those machines in accounts that warrant two full size machines.  You'll have to take a look at the route and see what type of accounts it has.  If it turns out to be a bunch of offices then I'd walk.

To all members giving me valuable input.  Thank-you sooo much!  I am new to the world of vending and also new to the forum.  I am so glad to have found this forum.  Reading from the forum I found great info on this topic on old threads just like AngryChris said.  I will not buy the route due to many reasons regarding Planet Antares office deli combo machines.  I will consider this thread closed.

Archived