Video Games & Pinball

TWvend

I do realize in today's world video & pinball is dead , and cranes , key masters , stackers , etc  are the way to go. Sometimes , we still come across a location we need to make happy in order to have the money making things there who insists they cant be without video or pins. So , for those who still run vid's & pin's , have you bought anything new lately , and if so how are the earnings ?  Anyone running a Walking Dead or Mustang pin?

I still run quite a few pinballs on route, but haven't bought any new pin's in a long time due to the price. For what the new sterns cost they will never pay for themselves. I've seen only a few on the street and the vend prices are at .75 cents and a $1.00 per play. I've stayed with older pin's that I have put led's in and on some of them I have clearcoated the playfields for faster play.  I keep my price average around $2500.00 or lower when buying a used pin and I still make money with them. There still a ton of work to keep them running, but as long as I can continue to make a decent return on my investment I will still run them.

my friend just bought a new hand made wizard of oz pinball.

something like 10 grand. and I thought the 5 grand was high.

here we have a lot of pinball rebuilders thou.

you can get common machines starting at like a grand.

He has a new site just for cades

customkades.com

i think

I saw thst. I want the cade with the bulk rack attach to it. That's a great option for like a pizza shop

I'm sure Ron is at the auction today maybe he can tell us about the multicades pins when he gets back

I was hoping to see here from members who bought new video or pinball 's and how they were making out with the unit.  In other words, no one here bought to operate  a new     AC/DC 

Metallica  

Star Trek  

Avengers 

Transformers 

X-Men

Iron Man               in the last 3-4 years?           No One :huh:?          

Hasn't anyone Bought a new                    F&F Super Cars

F&F Super Bikes

Batman

Aliens Armageddon

Super Alpine Racer

Snowcross                        or any other new video game , besides multicade ? (not meaning anything bad about multicades , I think they are great. )

Leave off the "s" , it's www.customkade.com

No I don't make that pin one but I did see it at gatlinburg s few months ago, not really a Multicade as it had a bunch of pinball digital games, meaning led screen instead of regular big steel ball rolling around. I personally don't think pinball games will do good if they aren't really a pin.

He has a new site just for cades

customkades.com

i think

I still have about a dozen pins on the route.  My last new one was a brand new Wizard of Oz for $7600 nib.  At $1.00 a play, I'll never get it back.  It was for my best location so the 2 touchtunes boxes and key master will take care of it.  My two best earning pins...and no one ever believes me... are an old earthshaker and a dale jr.

I still do ok on pins in laundromats.  I try to stick with late model Sterns and they've held up good.  I know the mid 90's Williams are the ones the players want but they are long past their lifespan for a location.  All my laundromat pins and vids are .50 per play.  Heck I run pot-o-silvers pushers in my laundromats with maybe one break-in a year.  Turns them into a "b" location easily.  Upright megatouch games are kicking butt at all my laundromats and easily be purchased for $200 at the auctions.

I have to operate vids.  Probably 200 throughout the route.  Drivers and hunters are the staples followed by the older shooters.  I just try to buy smart at the auctions.  I'm not buying $8000 vids. The last auction I got a nice big buck safari that wouldnt boot up, for just $600.  An easy computer repair and it's a quick return on that one.  I can still get $1.00 per play for any big buck pro game.  I haven't bought any new video in years.  I'm done with golden tee and silver strike.  I converted about a half dozen ms. pacs to a 60 in 1 multicade but the earnings were flat.  Sold them all.

I can buy old cruisin' usa games at the auction for $200 and less, drop in a nice lcd for cheap, and I've got a game that will NEVER break and earn great just about anywhere.  I operate the newer stuff also but it constantly breaks and earns only slightly more.  But I'll always make a better ROI on used barber cut games (for example) that are at less than a $1k at auction now.  At that price I can operate them in my "c and d" locations.

I constantly tell locations that I'll make them more at 30% on a prize game than 50% of any video game out there. 

Archived