Vending Machine Timer

Hello all,

I am new to the forum. I am a teacher in North Carolina and have recently purchased a Genesis combo vending machine to place in my shop. By law the machine can only run between 3:40pm and 7:00 am. Is there a way that I can put a timer on a vending machine to control the times that the machine is on? 

I want to wire the timer so that I can prevent the machine from taking money but still allow the compressor on the drink machine to run. 

Thanks

You can by removing the screen on the back of the machine and on the left lower corner is a connection covered by a metal rectangular cover with one screw holding it on. Disconnect the plug and replace the end that goes up towards the control panel with a longer cord that can plug into your timer. The end that comes from the lower unit (compressor) is the hot end that powers your control panel at the front of the machine.

What kind of time do I need? Would a simple appliance timer work? 

I don't know. You're going to have to mount it on the back of the machine so the students won't know it's there. Maybe some 2 sided tape.

Archived