replacing dn 368 with 348

AngryChris

I have a single price flat-front dn 368 that must have been an early model. It has been working fine lately, but my customers don't like it. I'm going to be uninstalling a dn 348 from another account next week. The 348 is multuprice with an SIID board (90% sure) and a bubble front. I told my customers it would have "more capacity" when it doesn't. This account did, at most, $100 in one week with just 75 cent cans. I don't have anything else readily available unless I can get my spare Vendo 720 working properly. I'm thinking a 720 would be much better for capacity but I like having a Dixie in this account. Does anyone see this being a bad idea?

I don't see anything wrong with that AngryChris.

As long as your willing to go fill machine.

Flat front/ bubble front, I don't see any difference, they both dispense cold drinks.

cajun

Just the fact that it has a credit display will make it look different. The door is probably the Magnum style with your old one having side by side buttons. The column configuration is also different so they won't know it holds less based on that. Sounds like a good idea.

Thanks for the input. I was thinking the same thing. I can get at least one more variety in there as I may have to double up on a flavor or two. This location goes through temps on a day to day basis so one day they might have their base 10 office with 10 warehouse and the next day might be an additional 20 temps in the warehouse. The permanent employees warn me not to put anything too nice in there because of the temps.

I'm not sure what the magnum door is. This machine was a 7up asset and the buttons are on the left side.

I'm not sure what the magnum door is. This machine was a 7up asset and the buttons are on the left side.

The Magnum door was Pepsi's proprietory design (for awhile) which was all small buttons down the right side of the door.  Eventually it just became the Pepsi and Trade (generic) door.  The 7up design is also known as the B7 door with angled buttons.  Then there is the D3 door for Dr. Pepper machines with the angled sign and angled buttons.

Archived