For sale

orsd

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter what happened, I think that we are way over beating a dead horse and that this is just fueling something that doesn't need to be. This imo has gotten way out of hand and makes jr. high look like adults.

IMO, we should just put it behind us and look at what positive everyone has experienced and let the mistakes (whether they happened or not) be put aside.

To many rumors will ruin this forum.

That was in question form, hence the question mark.

You know damn well you were stirring the pot.

There was a myriad of other questions and assumptions you could of asked and made, and yet you assumed one of the more malicious ones

There was a myriad of other questions and assumptions you could of asked and made, and yet you assumed one of the more malicious ones

You are so cute when you are mad.

You assume to know what I was assuming.

So...a group ownership probably wouldn't work, this thread is an example of that.  I think the best bet would be for three (5 at an absolute max) decision makers with positive, solution-focused attitudes to buy the whole thing.  

Negotiate supplier discounts and before market access to new products and equipment for members and sell "memberships" or the equivalent to a small stake and otherwise keep the forums free for all.  

You guys know what you have here?

There was a company I was affiliated with for wholesale merchandise distribution. We had about 100 members in the network servicing, on average, 200 retail stores twice monthly. We were able to negotiate with the major indutry suppliers a discount for our members in return for the members all buying from those companies. So, the company got 100 well established new customers per month and the members bought for less. How much, well it varied but generally we bought at whatever the collective group purchases qualified for on the sellers tier pricing. We got 10 - 20 percent regualarly, sopmetimes more. We also got bettter shipping rates and access to specials for the group only.

That same concept could be implimented here if it was done right and the companys who sign on to offer the discounts would increase their market share rapidly. Who is the big dog supplier right now...A&A. Do you think their top four competitors would be interested in this and increasing their bootom line?

When donkeys fly !!!!

Seriously though - as long as Kiwi doesn't get it I'll be happy.  That tight wad would probably make us pay each time we posted something (I'm sure he'd charge me double)  ;D  ;D  ;D

Casseri told me that he's going to gift the forum to this years winner of the TVF fantasy football league.... which will definitely rule out your chances of ever owning it!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Casseri told me that he's going to gift the forum to this years winner of the TVF fantasy football league.... which will definitely rule out your chances of ever owning it!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Beats the hell out of that banner you never got  ;D  ;D  ;D

Sorry to hear the TVF is for sale. I guess I can't blame Mr. Caserri for looking to get out from under it though, running the behind-the-scenes of a website is a frustrating, difficult, and usually thankless task that never ends, and in many cases is barely profitable, if it ever gets to the point of profitability at all.

I hope the place doesn't get bought out by some corporation that wrecks it. I know it's been said time and again, but the TVF really is a vital resource for the whole of the Vending Industry.

• 1 month later...

Now that would be a plus for everyone,

Only if they leave it alone and don't insist on focusing only on bulk vending.....  Or choose not to moderate it properly and every thing goes to hel in a handbasket.....

Archived