Wrong timing

huynhhh

So I'm pulling the plug on my vending route unfortunately, reason being my lack of reliable transportation to service my machines.. I am most likely going to break even or lose ~600$ in total, which I am ok with because I've learnt a lot about vending and people. Not many people can say at 17 "I own a buisness" it was overall a good experience, perhaps I will start up again when I can drive myself.. Anyway.. I digress

Should I sell my route with or without machines? I bought my beaver double heads for 175 each.. But on eBay it looks like I might be able to flip it and gain a few bucks.. (A double head, no stand sold for 100$)

The route is much more viable with machines.  If you sell locations you're selling something that can make money.  If you sell machines you're selling something that can make money.  Sell them together and you're selling something that does make money.  In general, much more valuable together.  You're looking at it the right way, you gained some great experience - best of luck!  

I personally have been in your situation. I set my route to service on the max that it would allow by waiting till the fastest one was 3/4 empty, then ran all that I needed to. I made my routes so that I could run them all in 1 day max hours and using time wisely with a route planner. 

Then hired someone for 50.00 for the day to just drive, plus gas. If your a member at a church, ask the pastor. At school, who doesn't want to make 50?

Reach out before you sell. 

If you need money to fix your car maybe some members on here could pitch in $20-30 each and see if we can raise enough for you to keep you vending. Post your paypal addy I will send you $25. Not kidding

I am truly touched that because of your idea two other vendors have offered to pitch in to pay for a car for me, but unfortunately without atleast 2000$ You can't get a car where I live. After spending my saved money up on vending, I need to start seeing the sad reality that my university tuition is 6-7k a year, so I can't lolly around and throw money into a car right now, but I am truly greatful for all the people on this forum that's helped me gained knowledge in the world of business; even if it's candy vending. I am pursuing a business degree in post secondary because of this. This was great experience for me

Bro, No excuses; stick to your guns, and profit from your route. I haven't had a car in over a year, and own vending machines in Miami, and Oklahoma with 2900 liquid cash to play with, and it's growing. Get a long Board, or bike, it's easy to get a ride once a month. In fact think of expanding your route To pay for your car, AND Tuition, reinvested your profits into your business. Don't let any excuses stop you from the pursuit of your business. Success requires persistence and a never give up attitude.

I have to call bs on doing $2900 and not having a car. Ride a bike or skateboard to service has to be a joke. I have a full car loaded to service I do over those numbers and know that even doing anything over 5 machines needs a vehicle unless you live downtown and all locations are next door to each other.

Archived