Trouble with a Seago 2500(suprised)

sammer

I have a couple of Seaga HF 2500,s that are doing the same thing. The can motors don't make the complete revolution. I put the machine in a location that was working fine in the shop, it worked fine in the location for a month and then starts to not complete the vend. Now 1 motor seems to be working. I have the other machine in the shop and it will work fine for a while then it craps out. I was thinking wiring but they are both doing the same thing coincidence? I have moved boards from other machines and same thing. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks Guys

Sammer

I have a hf 3500 for parts if you need anything.

Doesn't help figure out your problem tho.

I have 4 that are working well so I cant explain why yours are not. Possibly the motors are getting weak or the auger is gummed up at the back grommets.

You probably have a wiring problem on one of your snack shelves.  The weakest part of these machines is that the wiring of any shelf can get caught on that of the shelf below it.  The trick is to always push your top shelf first, then each lower shelf in succession.  The problem is that the motor harnesses are too long for the shelves and they will hang down below their shelf where they can get caught on the lower shelves motors as that lower shelf is pushed in.  Then if you pull the upper shelf out first the harness is caught on the motors below it which causes the upper harness to pull off some of the motors.  This leaves you with motors that won't work or, if you reinstall the harness connectors to the motors incorrectly (like upside down) then you begin to have issues like the one you're having now. 

If you inspect each shelf and find all the motors properly connected then you probably have a bad motor.  Seaga motors are famous for failing and feeding back into the motor circuit.  The best way to narrow down the motor is to note which soda motor is acting up and then, beginning on the top shelf, unplug the entire shelf harness and then test the problematic motor.  If the problem is fixed then you know that top shelf has a bad motor.  If the soda motor is still bad then plug the top shelf in and repeat this on the other two shelves.  If you find one unplugged shelf allows the soda motor to work then plug that shelf back in and unplug the shelf motors one at a time until you find which unplugged motor allows the soda motor to work.  Test the soda motor several times to confirm that the issue us gone and then you can be certain that the unplugged snack motor is the problem.

If you don't find the cause to be the snack shelves then you need to unplug your soda motors one by one until you find the one causing this.  If none of the unplugged shelves or motors are the problem then you have a more difficult issue since you don't think it's the board (could be two bad boards - these are Seaga machines after all).  You could also just have out of time motors that you need to pull off the machine so that you can turn the spiral and reinsert into the motors so that you can get a positive vend again.  Welcome to the world of Seaga!

Thanks guys, these 2 machines have different connectors to the motors than the other 6  I was blessed with. They connect with a single plug so if it comes out the motor will not work at all. Also on the other machines you can turn the motors back into the right position to vend but with these 2 they can't be manually turned. AZ do you have boards for this machine and how much do they cost, I am not sure if they are worth fixing.

Thanks

Sammer

I don't think you should turn the motors by hand as that can internally damage them. Only if you can't get a good motor to home should you turn one. I can get new boards for them if you need them but the boards are very pricy now - about $400 each as I recall - and they don't repair them.

I checked with a guy in town here, 380.00 exchange or 750.00 new.

Gotta love what the friggin dollar is doing.

I'm told my VC630 board which is a duplicate of the hf3500 is different than the 2500 and the 3500.

So in essence........I got nothing.

• 1 month later...

Thanks I have decided to use the bottom end for parts and put the top(snack into what I thought was a couple of crapy accounts. Not going to invest any more into these junkers. They are surprising me in sales. 

Thanks all for your thoughts.

Sammer

Archived