National 431 problem (shocking)

Hey everyone having an issue with a 431 food machine. Getting a temp out of service message. I have had them in the past but usually because the carosel couldn't find home.

It turns and stops where it should but I can't get it to say ready. Could it be a bad door switch? *sigh*

A bad door switch will either leave the machine in the vend mode or the service mode. That would be your clue to a door switch problem. Have you read any errors yet while in the service mode?

Well I know that after the health timer goes off and you close the door again it would usually reset and be ready as long as it gets down to temperature within the time allowed. Guess I'm just guessing at this point.

The only message was health off and 13 volts or something like that. .. I'll get more info when I am at the machine on Monday. Thanks.

It may not apply to your National but the Rowe will not clear health error unless you also open the big door and rotate the drum.

Did you say what the temperature inside your machine is? 

Walta 

The message you are seeing is only mentioned in the manual if the machine doesn't pull the temperature down below 45 degrees within 30 minutes after closing the door.  If you only see this message 30 or more minutes after the door was closed then your machine isn't cooling down fast enough.  That can be caused by low freon, an iced up evaporator, a dirty condenser, bad fan motor, or the machine is too close to the wall.

If you see the message as soon as you close the door then you might have a bad main cabinet door switch, not the coin door switch.  This could cause the machine to not reset the health control upon closing the door.

39 is a funny number. If the door has been closed for a while the compressor should have come on at 38 and cooled it down to 33.

Does the compressor ever cycle off?

Is the back of the machine 6 inches from the wall?

Have you cleaned the air filter / screen in the bottom of the door?

Walta 

Opening the door and closing it resets health timer. Nothing else has to be done. The interlock switch may be bad and it isn't letting it reset. National 430 need good fresh lights or you will get faults. Second the condenser fan draws air from the front of the machine then out the back so condenser gets dirty on the inside of machine not the out side. Makes it really hard to clean.. That will let the heat build up underneath. Turning machine off and on will not reset health timer. It has to see the door open and close.

Update: ok so I changed the main door switch. . No luck.

I pulled the machine further away from the wall and cleaned the compressor area no luck.

I took out the starters to eliminate the lights... no luck what else should I try?

Should I change out the board? Thanks

National 430

Update: ok so I changed the main door switch. . No luck.

I pulled the machine further away from the wall and cleaned the compressor area no luck.

I took out the starters to eliminate the lights... no luck what else should I try?

Should I change out the board? Thanks

National 430

When you close the door will the timer show the minutes till health timer shuts off? 

Sorry a little confused . You say the turret will turn and stop where it is suppose to? If the health safety is off that won't happen. It will how ever when you first shut cabinet door till health timer times out in 30 minutes. I  believe 430 is 41 degrees in the 30 minutes.

If it isn't pulling down in the given time then the health safety shuts it down. When you open the door  look at the large copper or suction tube line coming out of the evaporator box. Is it iced up or sweating? If it is iced up it could indicate the evaporator fan isn't up to full speed and not pushing enough air. Also the drain on that box might be plugged and not letting condensation out. If that happens the box will fill with water and keep the air from flowing properly.

If all that checks out ok then you maybe low on refrigerant. These 430's use R-22 if they haven't been rebuilt.

Last resort is to do a Ram clear that might clear out any corrupt files that are stored.

Press " Mach Con" Then press and hold a second time. Display lights will flash and beep Then enter "8060" Turn off power for a few seconds. Restore power your configuration code is now "8023" 

Reset your prices and other options.

If you need a board replaced Thomas Associates in Irving Tx has a good advance exchange program.

Thanks for the advice rmorris1953. When I open the door I get a 'health off' message. I am not able to clear it. The turret will spin in both directions as it should and stop immediately when I stop pushing it.

When I close the door again it says 'temporary out of service'

Machine seems to be cooling down fine everytime I check the temp it reads between 35-38 degrees.

Archived