Locks and Keys

TenVend

I understand this is probally a touchy subject, but it happens in our business.  My dad buys those forclosed storage buildings, like storage wars, he got two nice machines in one that he just purchased.  One is an older lance machince and one in a royal.  But they have no keys.  All of our machines have the standard tube locks with the round key.  We actually bought some online so all of our machines are the same.  Anyway, these look like those key type of locks....I think that are alloy....Can you drill those out??  If so the same way you drill out a regular tube lock..?? Thanks for the help.  TenVen

I understand this is probally a touchy subject, but it happens in our business.  My dad buys those forclosed storage buildings, like storage wars, he got two nice machines in one that he just purchased.  One is an older lance machince and one in a royal.  But they have no keys.  All of our machines have the standard tube locks with the round key.  We actually bought some online so all of our machines are the same.  Anyway, these look like those key type of locks....I think that are alloy....Can you drill those out??  If so the same way you drill out a regular tube lock..?? Thanks for the help.  TenVen

First, dump the Lance and keep the Royal. The round locks can be drilled out in about ten minutes with a tiny bit - just drill the pins you see in the round slot.  It doesn't take much, I use a 9.6 volt Makita cordless drill and after about the fifth pin, the whole thing should pop out.  It's so easy I've started switching over to the Medico locks in my unmonitored locations.

If the locks are Abloys then you'll need to drill through the T-handle where you think the pop up bolt is so you can cut it off and get the handle to pop out. Try not to drill into the flange so you'll only need to replace the T-handle.

The Lance machine could be an old relic or a newer USI snack so get the model number first to see what it is - or post a photo.

Archived