If you had to pick between these 3 machines?

vendgirl

If you had to pick which machine to purchase between the 3 attached machines, which one would you pick?  I cannot decide which one to go with.  I know they are all similar (one is Vendo, one's Royal, and one's Dixie), but I don't know which one to pick if I had to choose just one.  Thanks for the help!

post-9983-0-36368200-1426350560_thumb.png

post-9983-0-73579200-1426350565_thumb.png

post-9983-0-97774300-1426350570_thumb.png

Vendgirl

I would chose the Royal live front.

I have one i bought used and once i got the problems with it worked out and makes me good money!

I bought it knowing it needed work on it, got it cheap!

My two cents!

cajun

If you're asking which model to purchase, model numbers are more helpful. It's difficult to tell which models they are based off of blurry pictures. The bottom machine looks like a dn 501e and the top looks like a royal 650. The middle may be a Vendo 720.

If those are the correct models, I would get the 501e. It will be as reliable as the royal, as easy to repair, and it will be a lot easier to load and learn. The royal is easily a substitute. The royal will have more capacity but is a little more difficult to load. If it were me and it was for a big account, I would get the royal because it has one more selection and holds more cases of soda.

All very very good machines

But I have a moondog bias so

Royal dixie vendo

Realistically whatever is cheaper

Most likely the dixie because they've been in production since the mid 90s and there are more of them which helps because there is more supply and older ones are getting cheap

721 are still pretty new so will not be as cheap

And royals are kinda rare

Most likely the dixie because they've been in production since the mid 90s and there are more of them which helps because there is more supply and older ones are getting cheap

721 are still pretty new so will not be as cheap

And royals are kinda rare

they are all VERY close in price, but the Royal seems to be slightly less expensive.  Are they are just as reliable?

For reliability, you can't beat a Merlin IV - I have several and have yet to have any serious issues with any of them.  That said, the Vendo 721 is receiving rave reviews from the people that own them (I don't have one) but they haven't been on the market as long so we don't know what they'll be like in twenty years.  I'm surprised you found the 721 or the Royal as they're both kind of rare on the used market.  Like ORSD said. there's a lot of Dixies floating around.  I'd say it's a wash between the Royal and the much newer 721 if the prices are that close.  The big difference to me is that the Dixie requires special shimming when you want to change out products (cans to bottles) and the other two are shimless machines which I find to be a lot more user friendly.

You didn't post the prices of these but the Vendo 721 is a newer model that is shimless between bottles and cans.  There is only one small sliding piece to move in each column to change from large diameter products and small diameter products (like 12 oz cans.)

If this is going to be your first machine you should still just stick with single price can machines until you know if you even like the business.  Don't go buy something that you might not get your money out of again if you need to sell it.

If it's a Vendo 721, I'm 100% behind the Vendo. Aside from a few problems some members have had, I believe the Vendo is superior to the other two but ONLY IF it is a 721 and NOT a 720. A 720 is an inferior model.

You didn't post the prices of these but the Vendo 721 is a newer model that is shimless between bottles and cans. There is only one small sliding piece to move in each column to change from large diameter products and small diameter products (like 12 oz cans.)

If this is going to be your first machine you should still just stick with single price can machines until you know if you even like the business. Don't go buy something that you might not get your money out of again if you need to sell it.

You're trying to reason with a girl who's trying to get her first machine and she wants to fall in love with it so it has to be pretty or she won't be happy.

haha it doesn't have to be pretty, just a little bit more up-to-date.

But, I know I'll stick with it I wouldn't start a business and quit.

I talked all the dealers again and the Royal is actually $1,000 less than the others.

Royal: $1,595

Dixie: $2,500

Vendo: $2,300

For the money, I would personally get the royal IF it looked as nice as the Vendo. I absolutely would not want to pay 2500 for a 501e. If the Vendo 721 is in perfect condition, it would easily be worth 2300. The 721 has a slightly better can capacity than the royal but the royal can be configured better to maximize efficiency. None of this matters though unless you are collecting over $200 on each collection. Chances are that any of these machines are much bigger than you will need.

haha it doesn't have to be pretty, just a little bit more up-to-date.

But, I know I'll stick with it I wouldn't start a business and quit.

I talked all the dealers again and the Royal is actually $1,000 less than the others.

Royal: $1,595

Dixie: $2,500

Vendo: $2,300

That's  a very good price on the Royal and the 721 - the Dixie not so much, you can find those in the 1,500 range.  Go with the Royal and you'll be fine.

That's a very good price on the Royal and the 721 - the Dixie not so much, you can find those in the 1,500 range. Go with the Royal and you'll be fine.

I agree. The only thing you'll probably have trouble with is the space-to-sales configuration.

Thank you!

what do you mean space-to-sales configuration?

Most of the newer Royals will have 12 columns but only ten selections. Your best two sellers will have two columns assigned to that selection, for most of us that will be Coke and Pepsi but you won't know until you get the machine placed.  I have one account with a Merlin IV 768 that sells three times as many Dr. Peppers as Coke so the Dr Pepper gets the double column.  You'll know after your first service cycle.

In regard to what Chris mentioned,  while the 721 will hold 70 more 12 oz. cans than the Royal, it will only hold 72 of your best sellers while the Royal will hold 108 with the space to sales option.  With the Vendo, if you found that you needed more of your best seller, your only option would be to set two selections to the same product thereby reducing your choices to nine instead of ten.  The space to sales allows you to extend your service cycle thereby making the machine more profitable.

ohh thanks for clarifying!  I am excited to start.  I think I have almost everything in line now.

I know this is a different topic, but do you use any program to track sales and such?  I've heard of vendtrack, but its expensive.  Just wondering what most people use to track sales, inventory, etc.?

I mean Vendsoft not Vendtrack

ohh thanks for clarifying!  I am excited to start.  I think I have almost everything in line now.

I know this is a different topic, but do you use any program to track sales and such?  I've heard of vendtrack, but its expensive.  Just wondering what most people use to track sales, inventory, etc.?

I mean Vendsoft not Vendtrack

Just use a simple spread sheet - you're a long way off from needing some fancy schmancy software

Archived