DN 276e DBA issue

I'm a newbie working with my first soda machine.  I've got what I hope is a very simple issue for those with more experience.

The machine has been in use in a fairly low volume account for a little over a year now and I've been using the dba cleaning cards every couple service cycles.  Recently the dba stopped completing the transactions, so far only with crisp new bills.  The would be accepted and held in the dba waiting fo the selection. Once the selection was made they would move about 25% further through the dba and would get stuck.  Not getting stacked, not vending a soda and unable to be returned to the customer.

Would this simply be a cleaning issue with an internal part not touched by the cleaning cards or could it be that something has been loosened internally and needs an adjustment?

Many thanks for your feedback.

Eric K

It would be nice to know what brand DBA your having trouble with and model.

post a picture or model number.

Sounds like you need a new rebuilt DBA.

AZvendor is a very knowledge person on this subject and he also sells rebuilt DBA.

cajun 

This sounds like you might be using an obsolete metal bill acceptor and they aren't worthwhile to repair.  If you need to replace it you want to move to one of the more recent plastic models that have upgraded security and more reliable acceptance.  You can PM me if you need an upgrade for this machine.

The DBA on this machine is a Coinco BA30B and the coin changer is also a Coinco.  The only thing the coin changer has on it is "MDB".  Based on similar google images it may be a 9302-GX.  When I checked on the machine today 4 dollar bills had worked successfully and the fifth one jammed.

The DBA on this machine is a Coinco BA30B and the coin changer is also a Coinco.  The only thing the coin changer has on it is "MDB".  Based on similar google images it may be a 9302-GX.  When I checked on the machine today 4 dollar bills had worked successfully and the fifth one jammed.

You need to lose the BA30 as this is a very old and unreliable validator.  The best replacement would be the Mei VN2511 but you may need a slightly different harness.

You need to lose the BA30 as this is a very old and unreliable validator. The best replacement would be the Mei VN2511 but you may need a slightly different harness.

Yep, the ba 30 is in that awkward stage right now between "still somewhat current" and "obsolete dustbin of history"

You need to replace the validator and while many here don't care for it I don't have problems with units I rebuild for people.  If you'd like an exchange unit, whether Coinco or Mars, just send me a PM.  If you choose to go with Mars then you'll also need a new harness.

Archived