royal 650 tripping gfi

I have a royal 650 tripping the gfi at my house. Short of trying another outlet, what should I look for? I disconnected the fuse near the board but the gfi still goes off after maybe a half of a second. I'm not sure if the compressor locked up somehow (I really doubt it, it's been in my garage for a few months and worked on location) or if there's something else going on. I find it easier for me to diagnose a Dixie.

Update: I tried a different outlet and it seems to be working fine so far. The outlet I was trying to use is an outdoor outlet with a gfi. I'm going to plug something else into it to see what it does. Perhaps my gfi needs to be replaced.

Update: I tried a different outlet and it seems to be working fine so far. The outlet I was trying to use is an outdoor outlet with a gfi. I'm going to plug something else into it to see what it does. Perhaps my gfi needs to be replaced.

This is a common problem with GFI outlets.  The best way to do it is with a GFI breaker on that circuit but it has to have a dedicated neutral.

Archived