royal 650 coins stuck upon entry

Coins keep getting stuck just after inserting them on this machine. There doesn't appear to be any debris. They are just resting on the metal piece that guides them into the chute so you can physically see them through the coin slot from outside the machine. I don't know if the metal piece is scuffed up or what. I don't know how to resolve it other than leaning the machine a little further back. It happens mostly to dimes... Probably because they don't weigh much.

AngryChris

The display glass just above the slot might be loose and dropped down just enough to block the slot.

Mine was doing the same thing.

cajun

The coins do go down, but many of them get stuck. I'm not sure what you mean when you say display glass.

Take off your plastic cover for coin slot and see if it needs cleaning, could have syrup from a can drink that was pored into coin slot, I have no pictures from mine and can't copy and paste here to show what I mean.

cajun

I did move the top out of the way so I could feel the chute with my finger but it felt fine, just a little rough like tarnished galvanized steel. Once the coin makes it to the plastic part of the chute, everything works fine.

Chris,  Cajun is saying that maybe the credit display is loose and hanging down on top of the coin slot.  If you've had the chute top off then you would have seen that.  The coin insert is in the coin casting and to replace it means you have to replace the coin casting.  Check that your machine is level now and not leaning forward.  Leaning it back generally won't fix it as you'd have to lean it way too much to have an effect and then you mess up the vending.  Your coin chute body is probably raised up just above the edge of the coin insert and partly blocking the coins.  Try loosening the two mounting screws and see if you can lower the front edge of the chute a bit.  Also look for an errant dime that might be stuck in there between the coin insert and the chute.

I uploaded a photo with the coin chute cover on. The coins simply don't slide down the metal piece well. An adjustment to the chute didn't accomplish anything from what I can tell.

I uploaded a photo with the coin chute cover on. The coins simply don't slide down the metal piece well. An adjustment to the chute didn't accomplish anything from what I can tell.

No picture.

Good picture AngryChris!

That piece of metal can be bent down, you would have to take off plastic coin chute and bend it down little at a time until coins flow down like

they should.

On mine the credit display glass was blocking part of the coin slot on bezel.

Be careful and good luck.

cajun 

There were a lot of scratch marks on it so I know someone from the previous account used a screwdriver on it while trying to unjam it at some point, so I bet that's the problem. Maybe some fine sandpaper would help?

I did try bending it down but the whole piece was getting moved so I stopped. Maybe a hammer will fix it lol

I bought that Royal 650, for cheap and had to fix a few things on it before it made it on location.

I guess you can call me a tight golpher for doing stuff like that, but I learn how to tear apart and fix stuff!

cajun

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I got a small file about 1/4" wide and about 4" long. I filed it smooth and the coins go through like a hot knife through butter

I rather see money go through the slot!

Glad to see you took care of the problem.

cajun

I was so happy about how it turned out, I went to Harbor Freight and bought a 12-piece set of files lol.  Now I have enough files for both vehicles and for home so I can make sure that the problem can be quickly addressed should it ever happen again.

Archived