Vendo 601 Shorted Out Circuit Board

maxiflight

Make sure the plastic standoffs are in place (I'm not familiar with a 601) and make sure the board doesn't make direct contact to metal. Also, describe what exactly happened when you say it "shorted out". Did you see a spark? If so, where did you see it?

It is likely that the standoffs broke off when removing the old board and that the new board wasn't protected from a short.  It's also possible that you touched a connector or pin when reinstalling the metal board cover if you did that when the board was powered up.  If you need new standoffs you can PM me.

The standoffs are in place. For some reason it shorted out at the regulator? I made sure to have it secure before energizing so I do not think any portion made contact with the metal. I was replacing this circuit board because during a recent move a random screw fell behind the previous circuit board and shorted it out. Not having any luck with this machine.

What do you mean by "regulator?"  There isn't a part by that name in the machine.  Perhaps you mean the transformer?  That is located behind the metal panel to the left of the compressor.  If that's what you mean then you need to take the panel loose and look behind it for any wiring issues that could cause this.  Your board may actually be okay.  The transformer will have two 110v wires into it and then two 24v wires out of it. 

If you're referring to a part on the board that arced then maybe you meant the rectifier and that would mean that you have a bad board, a missed bad part by the rebuilder or a voltage problem coming in to the board.  Your power inputs to the board are both 110v and 24v.  The rectifier changes the 24v ac to 24v dc that the board can use for logic purposes.  You should pull the power supply plug off the board and check the voltages with a voltmeter.

Archived