how to install bill validator

buyer214

Hi everyone! First time posting, been reading the forum for a long time, lots of great info here.

I recently bought a run with some spare validators and tried installing one with appropriate coin mech, validator doesn't turn on (tried 3 different ones, machine has had o e before) coin mech works fine... Is there something I have to do to tell the machine I installed a validator?

Welcome to the forum. If you don't know the condition of the validators you're trying to use they may be loose units because they're all bad. If you'll post the model of machine and models of coin mech and validator you're trying to use then that will give us a better idea of what could be the problem. It could be the lack of a proper harness or that the validators need to be rebuilt. Keep in mind that any metal validators you have are obsolete and not worth repairing.

If you need parts or to rebuild any components you can send me a PM.

Validators came from working machines that were pulled recently (one has a tag saying rebuilt November 2014) two coincos, one mei, I tried a guardian 6000 (took it out from the machine right next to the one I was working on, fully functional) and a gray/red 4 tube (coin pro i think)

You should give us the model of the machine you're working on for more definitive help. One thing to make sure of is that you are plugging the devices in an MDB machine this way (remember to turn power off or you can damage the device or the machine) machine harness to validator harness, other free end of validator harness to the coin mech. If you have them connected this way then make sure you have sufficient coins in all tubes (minimum of 12-15 each). If you do then you may have to empty all the tubes and then enter the machine's tube fill program mode so the machine can count the coins as they go into the coin tubes. If the machine coin count is off the validator can be disabled.

Archived