vendo 720

Chard

vendo 720 that when taking 5 dollar bills issues the credit on the screen but will not refund change completely after vending the product. I have replaced the coin mechanism and seemed to stop that problem however I just received a call that someone put money in to purchase a beverage, product did not dispense and it did not return any change. I've had a number of problems with this machine similar to these any ideas what the problem could be. Products are not catching inside since I'm not getting a double vend. Has anyone ever had a board fell on one of these machines if so, what were some of the symptoms?

Board failures will do all types of things. It's possibly a coin mech problem (again) or the board. Verify that there isn't a jam at the bottom of the mech which could cause the mech to click but not dispense, and check the machine's error codes. It should report an error if there is one. If it's a clicking mech that won't dispense change, the board and mech will probably have no idea. I don't know how to dispense the change from the machine off the top of my head but you need to verify that the mech seems to be working somehow. As for the product not dropping... You need to check that the selection is not jamming or power is not getting cut off too early. How often does the machine have trouble dispensing products? If it's uncommon, then it's probably the board or the motor/improper setup. If it happens often, it's most likely a setup problem.

Also check for burnt out or flickering fluorescent bulbs.

The last thing (or first) I would check would be if anything is drawing a lot of amps on the same circuit. It can cause the board to do odd things but having two problems at the same time is frustrating because it could be two separate issues (ie. Mech and motor) or just one related issue (ie. the board).

Verify the mech first. Some guys on here have also mentioned loose connections to the transformer if I'm not mistaken, and that can cause screwy issues.

You might have the machine set to force vend which will not refund any money until a vend is made. Also check that all of the select buttons move freely and you can hear the clicking of each switch.

First thought would be a bad bill validator if its only happening with bills. Second is a bent gauge bar. It could be causing a double vend. You never hear about the free one. Then the customer comes in and gets a dry vend. I would look at the gauge bars and make sure one hasn't bent.  Also make sure you have the right clips on the bars. Two white for cans and one black for bottles.

Archived