soda machines at grocery stores

beardedone

I'll start by saying I'm new to this buisness.

I don't get it, how are the machines outside of grocery stores profitable? It's cheaper for someone to just walk inside and buy a 12 pack... now that I'm looking, I've noticed at least one outside of every grocery store local to me. Anyone own some outside a grocery store? How's it doing?

You won't be able to service any soda machines outside of grocery stores as those machines are provided to the stores by the bottlers for marketing purposes.  The stores often fill the machines themselves from their own inventory.  There is also a TON of vandalism on those machines so you won't want those locations anyway.  (I wondered this myself when I got started in 1985.)

I have had a couple of machines outdoors in front of a busy retail location such as that, and I will say that from my experience, they are not that great. Maybe $100 per month gross. I know it depends on the clientele and the area as well though. 

Hello, I am a bulk candy vendor, but I have a client wanting a soda machine. Can anyone give me brand names for good quality used soda machines? I would consider snack/soda also if price is reasonable. Looking to pay about $1000. Is that a reasonable expectation? There are about 50-60 employees it would service. Thank you in advance. Vending in Atlanta  

The price of the equipment will depend on what the customer wants/needs. If they want a glass front machine that will be expensive, if they want a bottle machine, then you can probably find one between $400 (craigslist deal) - $1500. If they only want a simple can machine, then you might be able to find something used in your area for probably $100 - $500 or so. I would recommend Dixie Narco, Vendo and Royal as the big 3 brands with the best parts support and probably the most reliable overall. I would not recommend a combo (soda/snack in same chassis) anywhere except maybe a satellite add on to a location that already has a good base of stand alone equipment.

Thank you for the information, I feel like a fish out of water on this topic! I will take your advise on no soda/snack combo. This will be my first soda machine and want as little problems as possible. Thank you again. Vending in Atlanta

I'll start by saying I'm new to this buisness.

I don't get it, how are the machines outside of grocery stores profitable? It's cheaper for someone to just walk inside and buy a 12 pack... now that I'm looking, I've noticed at least one outside of every grocery store local to me. Anyone own some outside a grocery store? How's it doing?

I had one once for about three months.  It did great but I ended up pulling it as the vandals were quickly destroying my machine.  I think it was a convenience/point of purchase deal that made it do so well but you can't beat the vandals no matter what you do.  Unfortunately the only thing you can do with a high vandalism location is shut it down otherwise you'll never win.

Archived