AP 110/112/113 Coin Mech Issues

Chard

The other day I ran into problems on an AP 112.  Seemed to be a bad keypad.  Would take bills fine, would allow alphabetic selections just fine, but would not allow numeric inputs from the keypad.  

Installed the keypad and once done, same problem.  Replaced the board, same problem.  In desperation we unplugged the mech, a 24v Coinco 9302 - 15 pin (hadn't reconnected the validator yet) and everything was back to working normal. (No coin mech or validator installed yet)

I pulled a coin mech off the truck and the moment the machine was turned back on the mech shot sparks out and you could smell the burn.  The control board got ruined as well.

After replacing the board we pulled another coin mech from the truck, this time a Mars TRC-6000 - 115v.  With the refurbished Mars coin mech installed the machine took bills fine, but would not dispense coins.  In addition, when put into service mode the machine still would not dispense coins.  Thinking that the Mars coin mech was bad I took another Mars TRC 6000 in today and did the exact same thing.  With either Mars Coin Mech installed it gave every indication that the solenoids in all three coin tubes were bad.  

Today I swapped the Mars TRC-6000 - 115v for a Coinco 9302 24v - 15 pin in the soda machine next to it and everything went back to working correctly in both machines.  So I know that both Mars TRC-6000's are working properly.

Both the Mars TRC 6000 -115v and the new Coinco pulled from the machine next to it are now working fine in their respective machines.  My question is why would the Mars TRC 6000 - 115v not work in the AP 112?  Only the 24v changer works in it.  What could cause this?  The machine is built to run both types of mechs.

The 110v mech now not working in the machine is because you blew out that side of the power board inside the power supply. It sounds like you plugged a 12 pin 24v mech that is not supposed to be in that machine and it accessed the 110v pins incorrectly. You've probably also blown whichever coin mech that was.

The AP 110 series machines use the same power board that the AP6/7000s use but they moved it inside the power supply box. Where you see 4 plastic board standoffs coming through from the inside of the power supply is where the power board is mounted.

Archived