How many soda machines can be serviced in an 8 hour day?

They do... it's called a Merchant 6 (Model 181) 

6 x Shelf Configuration - 48 Selections

7 x Shelf Configuration - 60 Selections

It weighs over 600lbs so you would definitely need a mover... unless you want me to send the wife over to help you! ;D  

Don't send your wife - I sure I'd be on the couch within the first half hour  ;D  ;D  ;D  If your looking for a break then send her to visit Cajun - he could use some guidance.

For most of us, the service cycle is dictated by the snack machine rather than the soda machine unfortunately.  That's why we may only do 4 or 5 cases in the soda machine since we're already there to fill that snack machine.  Even a five wide is pretty empty when it hits $100 and the best sellers are usually long gone.  If they would just make bigger snack machines, we could all extend our service cycles and you movers would really have to earn your money hauling those monsters around  ;D  ;D  ;D

Darn right moondog!! since most of us have snacks at our higher volume locations, the snack machine will run very low way faster than the soda. Plus a bunch of empties in a snack machine just plain looks neglected and tacky. You can get away with a soda machine being low and even out on a selection or something, but if you have a snack machine with several empties it reflects bad service.

Don't send your wife - I sure I'd be on the couch within the first half hour  ;D  ;D  ;D  If your looking for a break then send her to visit Cajun - he could use some guidance.

Heck Yea!

I have a Royal 804 I need to move from one end of shop to the other wall!

Discovery will be there to film it!

With all the big money going to my pocket! Sorry FFC, moondawg pulled me into this without my knowledge

givemebeer.gif givemebeer.gif givemebeer.gif

cajun

Mate... you wouldn't be on the couch... you would be sleeping with those machines you have in your garage!  ;D

Heck Yea!

I have a Royal 804 I need to move from one end of shop to the other wall!

Discovery will be there to film it!

With all the big money going to my pocket! Sorry FFC, moondawg pulled me into this without my knowledge

givemebeer.gif givemebeer.gif givemebeer.gif

cajun

I don't think she would last very long with you either mate... not with that road kill you eat that you call food!

Not unless it is Paleo!!  ;D

Although... she might have a liking to that moonshine you drink!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Mate... you wouldn't be on the couch... you would be sleeping with those machines you have in your garage!  ;D

I don't think she would last very long with you either mate... not with that road kill you eat that you call food!

No, I suppose we'd need to leave the couch open just in case you showed up too  ;D  ;D  ;D

No, I suppose we'd need to leave the couch open just in case you showed up too  ;D  ;D  ;D

I like it on the couch... as long as you have a big screen TV & ESPN  ;D

Much safer than sleeping in the bed & you don't need to get a vasectomy!  ;D  ;D  ;D

I can make it look like anything she wants! LOL!

My best shine has been Pineapple lately! 

I can put her peeling them!

cajun

For most of us, the service cycle is dictated by the snack machine rather than the soda machine unfortunately.  That's why we may only do 4 or 5 cases in the soda machine since we're already there to fill that snack machine.  Even a five wide is pretty empty when it hits $100 and the best sellers are usually long gone.  If they would just make bigger snack machines, we could all extend our service cycles and you movers would really have to earn your money hauling those monsters around  ;D  ;D  ;D

Darn right moondog!! since most of us have snacks at our higher volume locations, the snack machine will run very low way faster than the soda. Plus a bunch of empties in a snack machine just plain looks neglected and tacky. You can get away with a soda machine being low and even out on a selection or something, but if you have a snack machine with several empties it reflects bad service.

Just wondering how you guys configure your snack machines... do you run them with 2x trays of confectionery?

I always found that 2x trays of confectionery was to many so have reconfigured most of my machines to only have 1x tray confectionery. This allows me to have an extra shelf of chips to increase capacity & allow for doubling up on certain products.

I have seen coke controlled machine here which are 6x wide Merchants... they full the whole shelf with the same product! One way to extend service cycles I suppose...  ;D  ;D  ;D

I serviced 33 soda and snack machines today, 12 yesterday. Today i started at 11 finished at 10pm. 2 hrs for my flat tire in my box truck. Then 45 min lunch. Me and my gf tho she helps me alot!

Just wondering how you guys configure your snack machines... do you run them with 2x trays of confectionery?

I always found that 2x trays of confectionery was to many so have reconfigured most of my machines to only have 1x tray confectionery. This allows me to have an extra shelf of chips to increase capacity & allow for doubling up on certain products.

I have seen coke controlled machine here which are 6x wide Merchants... they full the whole shelf with the same product! One way to extend service cycles I suppose...  ;D  ;D  ;D

Yep, two candy trays are too much.  Unfortunately that's how they all come so I found a torn up AP7600 for cheap and stole all the snack trays out of it for five of my other machines - works much better that way.

Yep, two candy trays are too much.  Unfortunately that's how they all come so I found a torn up AP7600 for cheap and stole all the snack trays out of it for five of my other machines - works much better that way.

I guess that's one advantage I have of using "those crap USI machines" as you like to call them.... with the plastic trays they are all easy to reconfigure.  ;D

You can reconfigure those candy trays. Drill the welds out and remove the spot welds on every other row, Remove every other motor bend down the tabs for the divider and put new shelf ends on for snacks. New snack coils and you are ready to go.

You can reconfigure those candy trays. Drill the welds out and remove the spot welds on every other row, Remove every other motor bend down the tabs for the divider and put new shelf ends on for snacks. New snack coils and you are ready to go.

Thanks Roger, but I found it a lot easier to buy a junker for $100 and poach all the snack trays.  So now I have enough extra motors to last me for about ever - more crap to stuff in my garage  ;D  ;D  ;D

Archived