Hi from Richmond Virginia!

HappyCamper

Hey everyone! My wife and I picked up several UTurn 8 selection bulk vending machines in the last 3 months and are excited to get started. We're differentiating our business by trying to offer healthier bulk products and donating a portion of proceeds to a local, well known nonprofit that we work with in other parts of our company. We have a three year old and a nine month old and plan on involving them both in the business. Our 3 year old really loves collecting the quarters when we service our machines.

We're going to start purchasing energy shot vending machines, too, as soon as we get our half dozen UTurns out on location. We have one in a hotel and one in a chiropractor's office downtown.

Welcome to the forum!  I do hope that your idea of healthy bulk vending works but don't be surprised if there are pitfalls such as stale product and slower and slower sales.  The pros here with decades of experience know what sells and how to merchandise it.  Please use the resources here to research any and all information you need.  Do that also for the energy shot machines.  You might be surprised what the majority opinion is here about them.  Many have tried and many have failed at that.  There are tried and true ways to do bulk and those methods seem still to be the bread and butter of the industry.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum!  I do hope that your idea of healthy bulk vending works but don't be surprised if there are pitfalls such as stale product and slower and slower sales.  The pros here with decades of experience know what sells and how to merchandise it.  Please use the resources here to research any and all information you need.  Do that also for the energy shot machines.  You might be surprised what the majority opinion is here about them.  Many have tried and many have failed at that.  There are tried and true ways to do bulk and those methods seem still to be the bread and butter of the industry.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been taking a look around to get myself familiarized.

My first healthy bulk machine is out at a Holiday Inn Express now. They have a multistate vending contract with someone else, but they dont do bulk snacks and were okay with my machine being there. I put it out there Thursday afternoon and the hotel called me yesterday to tell me that two of the eight canisters were already empty! I just got home from refilling it and emptying my first bag of quarters from the machine. 

My first energy shot vending machine is going to be in the same hotel - it goes live with ePort tomorrow morning. 

Archived