Vendo 601 Transformer wiring

During a recent set-up, the wiring came loose from the transformer on my Vendo 601. I need to make sure I get it connected back the correct way. I know there are different voltages at the various connectors. Can someone tell me the correct location for re-installing the wiring. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Because the transformer is bi-directional you can use it to step up or step down a voltage.  If you can't tell which side is primary (input) and which is secondary (output) your only choice would be to put the 110v leads on one side of the transformer and use a voltmeter to measure the output on the other unconnected terminals (set to a 200 scale just in case).  You only need to do this once to see if the result is what you want - if it's not you just switch the input and you're on your way.

That aside, I believe the bottom terminals are the input and the top terminals are the output.  If your wiring doesn't have a memory that puts them naturally in those positions then you will need to double check this with your voltmeter as I explained above.  Or you could remove the transformer and inspect it for markings.

When ever a board has been shorted their are other components that can also be damaged. Like validators and coin mechs. When replacing the board that has been shorted its a good idea to replace the coin mech and validator or at least leave them unplugged till you have made sure the new board powers up. Send or have the old mech checked along with validator. 

Archived