National Vendors Snacktron Vending Machine

Hello everyone,

I am still fairly new to the world of vending, so I need some advice.  I have been doing bulk vending, however I have been asked to supply a break room with a snack machine and a soda machine.  I found what appears to be a fairly inexpensive snack machine on Ebay.  I won the auction, but the freight cost is more than she originally quoted me.  It still seems reasonable, but I wanted to check with the experts on here prior to me making the leap.  The item is a National Vendors Snacktron Vending Machine.  It has 6 rows, to hold 45 different items.  it also has a 5 slot gum dispenser on the side.  I won the auction with a  bid of $305.  However, the freight cost is $398.73, which makes the total to be $703.73.  This still seems fairly reasonable in comparison to other machines, but I need some advice before a make the leap.  Thank you for your insight in advance!

The cost of shipping may be fair, and $300 for a snacktron doesn't sound unreasonable if it's in good shape and ready for a new bill acceptor, but $700 is pricey when everything is said and done.  If there is a local company that resells vending machines, you may have been able to get a location-ready snacktron for around the same price (maybe even cheaper).  Don't eat it on shipping just to save on the equipment because money is money no matter how you spend it.

If it has a mars DBA in it and everything works, then $700 isn't bad.

That machine has been a good workhorse for many years now but you need to know that it was built in the mid to late 80's. There are few parts available for it now from the factory but I still have two I'm parting out so parts are still available. The gum/mint is of no consequence as those items don't sell too well. The biggest issue is if there is a bill validator on it already. If not it will be expensive to add one but if there is one, preferably on the coin insert side, then the worst case scenario is it will need an upgrade if the validator is still a metal one. An upgrade isn't as expensive as mounting one from scratch so don't be scared off by that. Also consider if the machine already has a black front on it because the old brown fronts are very out of date.

You can PM me if you get it and need any parts for it.

Archived