Snack machine taking money

I have been having issues lately with my snack machine. It takes coins and cash but if you wait too long to make a selection or hold down a button, it will not give you credit. It has a key inside that goes right above the bill acceptor and has 2 functions but I'm not too sure on how this works. Any ideas on what might be wrong? could it be the motherboard that needs to be replaced or is there something I can do to fix it?

With the inside key it sounds like a National machine but it could be one of several models so please post the model number. You also need to say if the credit is on the display for awhile and what you think makes it disappear. Does it disappear with a selection attempt or after a specific time period? You say "if you wait too long....it won't give you credit" but those two halves of the sentence are inconsistent with each other.

With the inside key it sounds like a National machine but it could be one of several models so please post the model number. You also need to say if the credit is on the display for awhile and what you think makes it disappear. Does it disappear with a selection attempt or after a specific time period? You say "if you wait too long....it won't give you credit" but those two halves of the sentence are inconsistent with each other.

When the machine is opened the display comes on

once closed the display shuts off

once the cash or coins are inserted, the machine will either read the amount and give you credit, or disappear if you allow more than 10 seconds (roughly) to pass. 

The machine will in a sense forget the amount and give you nothing unless you're lucky. Where can I find the model number etc? I have checked behind the machine and inside. Still haven't found anything 

It does sound like a National as that's the only machine I know if with the key thing and I honestly have absolutely no idea what it does.... allows you to retrieve sales data?  I think it was an idea that never got used.

If it is a National 145/146, I think I have also seen them "cancel" credit after a period of time.  I am guessing that there is something going on with the board.  Those boards are quite old.  If this is the case, you may want to consider either replacing the machine or upgrading the machine with an aftermarket board.  It really depends on how good the account is.

It does sound like a National as that's the only machine I know if with the key thing and I honestly have absolutely no idea what it does.... allows you to retrieve sales data?  I think it was an idea that never got used.

If it is a National 145/146, I think I have also seen them "cancel" credit after a period of time.  I am guessing that there is something going on with the board.  Those boards are quite old.  If this is the case, you may want to consider either replacing the machine or upgrading the machine with an aftermarket board.  It really depends on how good the account is.

National vendors Mo:63115 Snacktron is the machine and when I open the door the display reads "Diagnostic" and I just checked today and noticed my coin mech isn't responding to the 25 cent payout button, the rest work fine. 

National vendors Mo:63115 Snacktron is the machine and when I open the door the display reads "Diagnostic" and I just checked today and noticed my coin mech isn't responding to the 25 cent payout button, the rest work fine. 

63115 is not a model that I have ever heard of.  You must have gotten the serial number.  The model number will most likely be 145, 146, 147, 148, 157, 158, 167, or 168.  It is probably a 145/146 though.

• 1 month later...

Checked the machine today and the model number is 145-46 I think I have to replace the board but I'm not sure what the run for? The account is decent but it was a struggle to get that machine inside their office, had to use a forklift and take the door off. Should I just replace the unit or buy the board? Suggestions? is there anyway to fix the board? 

Checked the machine today and the model number is 145-46 I think I have to replace the board but I'm not sure what the run for? The account is decent but it was a struggle to get that machine inside their office, had to use a forklift and take the door off. Should I just replace the unit or buy the board? Suggestions? is there anyway to fix the board? 

That old machine isn't worth any kind of an upgrade board.  I can send you an exchange logic board for it if you'll send me a PM.

• 3 weeks later...

I replaced the machine and I began working on it at my shop but I am noticing that when I power it up, the bill acceptor turns on then shuts down and isn't taking anything. Could this be the bill acceptors problem or something internal with the motherboard? I know it's a huge mix up by now but I can't seem to get the machine going. Snacktron 1 national 145  

Make sure the door switch is activated by the metal tab on the delivery bin that presses on the switch plunger when the door is closed.  If you try to test it with the door open you will need to hold the switch in to put the machine into the vend mode.  If pressing the door switch puts the machine into the service mode then it's wired backwards.

Archived