AP 7600 not recording sales data

I just placed an AP 7600 on site last week, first time with this kind of machine.  I set all the prices and set all product codes to 01 thinking that way i could keep track of number of vends and sales.

I wanted to see total sales on machine so i entered price check mode and pressed button 14.  It showed a value of $7537.35.  I reset the number of vends on product selection 01 according to the manual.

I thought i was all set to go.  I came back the next week to check up on things.  First off the location sucks, i had $9 in ones in the machine and some change.  When i checked the sales data,  it still said $7537.35 and zero vends on product code 01....

What did i do wrong here?

You are using the correct method to read your cash meter if you pressed Check Price and then button 14 again to read the new meter reading.  If your board isn't counting up the sales then check you prices to make sure they aren't at zero.  It is odd that you have money in the machine but you should do your own cash testing to see if those purchases add up in the cash meter.  If they don't then you will need to replace the board. 

If you need one you can PM me for a rebuilt board exchange.

Make sure the door switch is working correctly.

Then test vend the machine using coins with the door closed.

If the meters do not record the data correctly it may be necessary to reset the machine to the default settings.

Walta

So i went back to locating to test the machine. what did i find, it was recording sales and vends!!  

So what went wrong the first week?  Is there anything i could have done wrong on the machine that it did not record sales data but still sold products?  Could not having a price set on an unused spiral cause it to malfunction?

The only time sales meter should be disabled is when the control board thinks the door is open and someone has pressed the” test vend” mode button. This will illuminate the test LED above the button. If the door  closed  switch is actuated the test LED will turn off and the “ON” LED will light up and the meter will begin counting again.

Walta

Could not having a price set on an unused spiral cause it to malfunction?

Setting a phantom price won't cause any issues with the machine so that wouldn't have caused it.  Not setting a price on an actual selection will only cause that selection to either free vend or show "make another selection."

The only time sales meter should be disabled is when the control board thinks the door is open and someone has pressed the” test vend” mode button. This will illuminate the test LED above the button. If the door  closed  switch is actuated the test LED will turn off and the “ON” LED will light up and the meter will begin counting again.

Walta

Early versions of the 7000 board had the machine acting as if it was in Test Mode when the door was open. I was quite surprised when I found that out. 

Archived