Branded machine vs. "generic"

Arutkow

Have any experienced vendors noticed a difference in sales between a pop machine with a Pepsi or Coke front (and to a lesser extent, the minor  "major" brands, 7up, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, etc.)  as compared to a pop machine with a "Cold Drinks" front?

Are replacement panels available? 

Thanks,

Have any experienced vendors noticed a difference in sales between a pop machine with a Pepsi or Coke front (and to a lesser extent, the minor  "major" brands, 7up, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, etc.)  as compared to a pop machine with a "Cold Drinks" front?

Thanks,

replacement fronts are from NBS- national beverage screeners

the american flag and water fall are nice

The fronts generally have nothing to do with anything else.  Having a "coke" front or a "pepsi" front USUALLY just means that superficial things like buttons, graphics, and perhaps a few other consumer-side things are different but almost everything inside the cabinet is identical between Pepsi, Coke, 7up, or any other bottler.  What you have to understand is... a Royal Merlin IV is a Royal Merlin IV regardless of which front it has.  So a "generic front" machine isn't actually "generic" as "independent" is a much better term to use.  The reason I say this is because a "generic front" machine is almost never owned by a 3rd party bottler such as Coke, Pepsi, or 7up, so that means you can sell whatever you want.  On the flip side, a nice new machine with a Coke front as almost surely a Coke asset and, if they give you the lease for it, you are supposed to only sell coke products in it.  You don't own it!

Now that we have cleared that up.... a more important question is... is there a difference between soda machine manufacturers.  The 3 most commonly used beverage vendors by bottlers are Royal, Dixie Narco, and Vendo.  And a lot of differences depend on specific models.  A Vendo 721 is far superior to a Vendo 720.

I may have misunderstood the question so I will post some more information here.  Personally, I have never noticed a difference between machines with Bottler fronts or machines with Generic fronts.  However, a really crappy or old-looking machine seems to sell less than a much newer looking machine.  That's probably because people don't trust the old looking stuff even if it may work even better than some newer stuff.  It's definitely worth it to give machines an updated look as long as you don't spend too much money.  Installing a new front can be nice, but be careful with things like Coke fronts as some doors were built specifically for the bottlers... and you have to replace the front with a bottler front as a generic front won't fit on some machines without changing other parts on the door.

Thanks,

haven't noticed any difference in sales - you can't buy the branded fronts anymore so I always use the waterfall fronts, to me it's obvious that there are cold drinks in there and those generic fronts look cheesy.  If you need a replacement panel, use the old panel as your template and you may need an extra hand depending upon the machine, to reinstall the new front.  I use a saber saw to cut them as there's no way a matt knife will do it.

you can still get generic front for the coke doors, just tell them that and they can cut it for you for an exact fit.

also if you own the machine you can sell whatever you want in it. pepsi in a coke branded machine, etc.

Hmmm.

I had a DN 440 with Mt Dew graphics on it in trailer park.

Sold machine to put a Muti-price Vendo 480D with a generic "cold drink" front in it's place and I make same amount of money out of machine.

Maybe a tad more since I'm selling Shasta 24 oz bottles and 23 oz cans of Arizona Tea out of machine, $1.50 each.

I think as long as machine works and drinks are cold it don't mater.

My two cents.

cajun

I have switched to live display vendo 720 and vendo 721s. I vend 24 oz bottles of pop and water ( Aquafina). I switched to a live display cause I was surprised how many people would come up to me and ask if there is coke in the coke machine, or pepsi in the Aquafina machine!

Some people just hate the Coca Cola or Pepsi CO company, so they won't support them, I owned my own coke branded vendors and I stocked pepsi in my coke machines and I was losing sales. Non branded, live display machines are the way to go.......I couldn't believe the sales increase by removing branded cold drink vendors!

Archived