MEI VN2500 constantly needing cleaning.

I have a Older Dixie Narco 368 vending machine with a MEI VN2500 bill acceptor. About every two weeks the acceptor will stop validating bills and ill have to clean it out.(A simple wipe down with a wet rag does the trick) Is this normal? I feel like it should be able to go longer without issues. Thanks for any help.

I have a Older Dixie Narco 368 vending machine with a MEI VN2500 bill acceptor. About every two weeks the acceptor will stop validating bills and ill have to clean it out.(A simple wipe down with a wet rag does the trick) Is this normal? I feel like it should be able to go longer without issues. Thanks for any help.

not normal at all - I use almost exclusively VN 2500s and when they get to this point I have them rebuilt.  I typically get about four years out of one before it's time for a swap out.  The big problem here is that you have no idea how many sales you're losing each time it stops working.

You shouldn't need to clean it that often unless it's in a filthy environment. A dry cloth should also be all that you use. The VN series is capable of handling a somewhat dirty environment due to it's design so when it stops working like yours it just needs to be rebuilt.

You can PM me for an exchange unit.

Archived