Fair price for locations

jameyh

Just wanting thoughts from members about what you think is a fair price to pay for someone to get locations for you. I realize that locating for yourself is the cheapest, so please don't reply to tell me the obvious.

I just want to know what other members believe is a fair price for locations. Any feedback?

This has been discussed in greater detail or would be in the locating tab in TVF, that being said I am willing to pay more if I get more...case and point family vending charges $55 per triple as opposed to $50. The price difference is totally worth it because the service is superior, better communication, locations, and quickness in action than the others. So I am willing to pay more.

I don't view hiring a locator as a "cost" like gas or a CPA. I see it as an investment, same as equipment. I judge it by ROI and my goal is 6-10 months depending on several factors. So for every $100 invested I'm trying to net an additional $10-$17/month income.

That allows me to fairly judge what a location should cost. Otherwise it's like asking what a lawyer should cost. Well, first how deep is the sh!t you're standing in and what will it cost you if it's done poorly?

You can find all sorts of shady locators that try to place your machine in any steakhouse, henhouse or doghouse in your general area and one out of every three you go to place they have no idea about this locator you're referring to.

Pick a reputable locator, it's a short list of one (his name is rodney69 - easy to find because his service is plastered all over TVF) and pay him whatever price he quotes you. A location should cost whatever Rodney is charging. There's THAT much of a discrepency between him and every other tele-locator. Now in person locator? There's a blue-chip guy for that as well. His name is Joseph Degesualdo. He travels to you and reqires a min of 50 locations for under $50 for candy (but he's extremely effective with commission racks, interactive amd cranes). You have to be serious about your investment, but he's a true pro and can build a route as fast as as you can place it behind him.

Archived