Genesis GO 127 problem

Hello,

I purchased a Genesis GO 127 as part of a route (yes, I know, big mistake), which has produced pretty well for me. However, one of the selection buttons doesn't work, which affects three columns. The keypad is pretty worn out and I'm guessing I need to get a new one. Is it the keypad, or membrane, I need to purchase or are they the same thing? How much do they typically cost and I will likely have to have someone install it because I doubt I can figure it out. I'm still new to the business, so I really appreciate this message board an any help!!

Thanks a lot

Hello,

I purchased a Genesis GO 127 as part of a route (yes, I know, big mistake), which has produced pretty well for me. However, one of the selection buttons doesn't work, which affects three columns. The keypad is pretty worn out and I'm guessing I need to get a new one. Is it the keypad, or membrane, I need to purchase or are they the same thing? How much do they typically cost and I will likely have to have someone install it because I doubt I can figure it out. I'm still new to the business, so I really appreciate this message board an any help!!

Thanks a lot

If you can find a keypad/ membrane (same difference) for this machine, then installing it should be no problem even for a newbie. The secret is to tape all  the little plastic buttons to the front plate so they don't get away and stay in place.  Membranes for most machines run in the $60 range. Note; before deeming that your membrane is bad, make sure the ribbon cable is completely plugged in at both ends.

If you can find a keypad/ membrane (same difference) for this machine, then installing it should be no problem even for a newbie. The secret is to tape all  the little plastic buttons to the front plate so they don't get away and stay in place.  Membranes for most machines run in the $60 range. Note; before deeming that your membrane is bad, make sure the ribbon cable is completely plugged in at both ends.

In fact, disconnect it and rough up the contacts a little bit with a file, or put some dielectric grease on them. I'm not familiar with that kind of machine, and if it's a crappy membrane it might just be bad. But it's worth a shot.

Hello,

Thanks a lot

This is where I buy my Genesis stuff from:  http://capitalvending.com/cart.php

There is no repairing or fixing the key pad, it's all sealed.

Archived