advice on a huge potential account t

Hey guys,

An account is for sale in my area for $50,000.

Sales are $2600.00 average per week. The current vendor just had this 1 account for 3 years and is best friends with the companies owner.

I am nervous as I am small and don't have many accounts and currently have no coffee or food machines. Here is the equipment

1 royal pop machine

1 Vendo Vue 40

1 crane 186 snack

1 crane 432 food machine

1 crane 673 coffee

1 Bunn burner with 6 thermoses

0 commision and 5 year contract that automatically renews. Has better than. Normal book keeping.

Is this to big for me?

I'm not familiar with canadian prices but that doesn't sound bad at all.  Well, it sounds a bit suspicious for someone to sell an account that good but if it's legit, jump on it!!!  That's the account that vending dreams are made of.  

Like I said, if it is legit, jump on it!

If you don't want it, I would be willing to pack up here in Ohio and move to Eh Land for an account like that (not really, but it's that good!).

Like I said, if it is legit, jump on it!

If you don't want it, I would be willing to pack up here in Ohio and move to Eh Land for an account like that (not really, but it's that good!).

Hoser Chris ?  ;D  ;D  ;D

Just remember that a contract is only as good as your willingness to enforce and defend it in court. Make sure that the account transfers the contract to you or preferably signs a new one with you. There's no guarantee that you can assume the contract and you would want a new full term anyway. You should calculate the gross sales into US currency to see how excited all these guys are after learning what it makes in US dollars. I'm not up on the currency rates but I know your prices are higher than ours for a reason.

What type of location is it and how many people work there? There's more to it than just the gross sales. While it's only 6 minutes from your house how long will it take YOU to service it? If you aren't experienced you can figure 1 hour per machine in the beginning. Are you prepared to buy the quantities of products needed, have a proper vehicle, have proper storage for cold food, capable of learning from manuals how the machines work, have access to qualified, trusted repair techs, have insurance and all business filings including a $1M insurance policy? All of these things are expected when you're playing with the big dogs and you don't want to be less than professional or you could find yourself out on the street.

Good luck with this and keep us posted.

Archived