Box Truck Shelving

Hi All!

I got a box truck a few months ago and am getting ready to build shelving inside. I am trying to figure out the best way to do this. Couple questions are how high should the shelves be? How many levels? How wide? Drinks on lower level? Cooler for hot weather? Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance.

This is 12' box And about 6' tall. the truck has the wider box-not sure on the width.

Hi All!

I got a box truck a few months ago and am getting ready to build shelving inside. I am trying to figure out the best way to do this. Couple questions are how high should the shelves be? How many levels? How wide? Drinks on lower level? Cooler for hot weather? Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance.

This is 12' box And about 6' tall. the truck has the wider box-not sure on the width.

Insulate the whole thing before you start building shelves in there and make sure your shelves are canted back slightly.

Thanks for the pictures, very helpful.  I'm about to start renovating my box truck shelving.  I see your cooler is plugged in .. please explain how this works, the electrical, etc?  Love that idea, vs ice packs/large cooler.

I made these pretty easy. I can hold a ton even tho its a 10ft box. I fit like 40 32 packs another 20 packs of powerades, waters, monsters, etc, and over 3 bixes of everything like cookies etc....14lss cases ill take some pics

I like those shelves......I have a question for guys out there......How much inventory do you guys keep on the truck ??  I think we always have too many drinks.  And we end up burning gas hauling all these drinks around, but we pick deliveries with this truck as well so it is a pain to load, unload, load, unload.  And by the way how did you hook up the cooler........??

I have approximately 50 machines in operation ... drive a 14' box truck and try to keep a week's worth of product on there at all times .. which is about $700 or so, retail prices.  I buy my drinks at gas stations/grocery stores, depending on sale prices.  I'll load up when I get $6/case or less.  It's hard to say I have "too much" but I definitely have extra drinks, simply because I don't want to stop every day and buy them .... I'd rather spend a few extra bucks each week in diesel.

• 5 months later...

do any of you guys use any pull trailers? im thinking of selling my box truck and go with a 5x10 or 12x6 with side door and pull it with my 3500 6.0l 12 passenger express van. less insurance, and don't have to worry if it messes up like engine etc. maybe one with electric brakes as well. if my van messed up I can use my truck. any of you guys have pics of this?

rschling how do u have a powered cooler on there? im thinking of getting a trailer and adding ac as well that would help in the summer!

On trailer you will need a generator to run a ac unit and freezer/icebox to keep product from the high temps in a trailer.

A Honda power generator for quietness and will not eat you up in fuel.  

Looked at one, just this year.

With a gas truck pulling trailer, expect 8 to 10 mpg!

cajun

On trailer you will need a generator to run a ac unit and freezer/icebox to keep product from the high temps in a trailer.

A Honda power generator for quietness and will not eat you up in fuel.  

Looked at one, just this year.

With a gas truck pulling trailer, expect 8 to 10 mpg!

cajun

AC is not a requirement but would be ideal to have plugged up when truck is parked for extended periods of time.  Temps get plenty hot on a traditional box truck or step van. You can use coolers with ice packs for candy and other temp sensitive items. 

He lives way down in Texas!

HOT!

If he has a diesel truck it would get better fuel mileage, along with being able to handle weight of trailer.

I myself would want ac in a box van, sucker is high humidity here south Louisiana.

cajun 

Yes Texas here gets to 115 ish summers. Right now it's high 80s which feels great. Any of u guys have pics of ur set ups? I do like my box truck I just noticed if you put it in reverse now it wants to die and sometimes in park it will still coast :(

Yes Texas here gets to 115 ish summers. Right now it's high 80s which feels great. Any of u guys have pics of ur set ups? I do like my box truck I just noticed if you put it in reverse now it wants to die and sometimes in park it will still coast :(

Which motor you have in it?

You'd be nuts to move back into a trailer.  With the diesel in a box truck you really can't go wrong and it's very easy to then add a reefer to the back.  Diesel is still cheaper than gas and the tranny is cheaper than buying a trailer.  Don't step backwards, keep the truck.

Archived